+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KROQ's Inland Invasion IV (So. Cal)

KROQ's Inland Invasion IV (So. Cal)

I know I said in this thread KROQ's Inland Invasion III (So. Cal) that I wouldn't go to the next KROQ Inland Invasion, because of the crowds and lack of bathrooms, but look at this years lineup!

Morrissey (Excellent artist)
    Siouxsie & the Banshees (Good band)
    Devo (Excellent band)
    Billy Idol (Excellent artist)
    Tears for Fears (Excellent band)
    Ian Brown of Stone Roses (Had some good songs)
    Missing Persons (Excellent Band)
    A Flock of Seagulls (Excellent Band)
    X (Great Band)
    Franz Ferdinand (A current band with good songs)
    The Killers (A current band with a catchy 80's sound)
    Muse (Also current with a hit song right now)
    Death Cab for Cutie (Don't know any of their songs)
    The Walkmen (Don't know any of their songs)

So I just got my tickets and they are about in the same place as last year. Tickets go on sale to the general public this Saturday. I will give you my review after the concert.

Chris

Mannnn MrPay that's not nice! Good list again this year! I hope you have a great time even with the bad stuff, I wouldn't be able to resist myself! Also, if ya just happen to find a spare plane ticket from Florida and another concert ticket I'd be happy to go with ya

Anyone wanna make a bet Mozz doesn't hit the stage
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Newbie

Hello

Hi There

I was wondering whether you actually attended this gig?
    I run an Ian brown fans site from the UK.

And was wondering you might have got any pictures from this gig, and if maybe you could pass them on to the site?

I hope you had a good time!

Email me if you want. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by likediamonds
    Hi There

I was wondering whether you actually attended this gig?
    I run an Ian brown fans site from the UK.

And was wondering you might have got any pictures from this gig, and if maybe you could pass them on to the site?

I hope you had a good time!

Email me if you want. Cheers
    Hello likediamonds, to The Fort.

Yes I did attend the concert, I just got back.

I hate to tell you about Ian Brown. I don't know if you have seen him in concert recently, I never have. But the guy cannot hit a proper note if his life depended on it. I was just getting to my seat when he started to sing 'I Want to be Adored' and most of his singing was off key. And he actually played so long that they turned off his mike and rotated the stage to bring on the next act. Someone said he might have had a little too much to drink, kinda like Richard Butler from The Psychedelic Furs did last year. So I wasn't too impressed with him.

I don't have time right now to give my thoughts on each band I saw, I will do that tomorrow. But here's a synosis of the concert for those of you that are interested. The second stage sound system sucked big time. The vocals were distorted and it pretty much ruined the A Flock of Seagulls set.

Devo, hands down was the biggest surprise and put on the best show of the night. I had never seen them in concert before, but the vocals were spot on, as were the instruments. They were the highlight by far.

Now here is the shocker. Most people came to see the closing act Morrissey. Well during Ian Brown's set he mentioned that Morrissey cancelled due to illness. Well that did not go over too well with the crowd. Later on an official from Morrissey's camp said that Morrissey had 103 temperature and was not going to perform. He was loudly booed, but then he said the good news was is that Morrissey is going to give all of us (65,000) a makeup concert in the near future. Now how and when that is going to happen, I don't know. So we will see what happens.

But this years concert was so disappointing compared to last year. Between the sound problems, many singers not being able to sing on key, to the cancellation of Morrissey, it was kind of a downer.

More in the next couple of days, Chris

p.s. no photos of the concert. They don't allow camera's here in the states to most concerts. Though I saw a lot of people taking pictures with their camera phones, but those would be attrocious. Hopefully by next year I will have one of those flashdrive camera's with 3mp that I can sneak in to the concert.

Chris

http://www.nme.com/news/109921.htm

ILL COMMUNICATION

MORRISSEY was forced to pull out of LOS ANGELES radio station KROQ’s INLAND INVASION 4 show last night (September 18), suffering a high fever and sinusitis.

The singer, who has been plagued with a variety of ailments this year cancelled his headlining slot at the last minute. Fellow Mancunian Ian Brown who performed in the late afternoon made the announcement to the 60,000 strong crowd gathered at Devore, California’s Hyundai Pavilion.

According to the radio station, Morrissey saw a doctor at 11am on Saturday. He was diagnosed with sinusitis, acute laryngitis and a high fever and advised not to speak for at least two days. Fans have been told to hold on to their ticket stubs for a replacement show, an announcement of which is expected next week.

Not ill at the event was Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme, who has now partially recovered from fracturing his scaphoid bone last month while on the Curiosa tour. Joining his bandmates during their opening slot on the main stage, he performed his seventh show back since his injury forced him to miss the V Festival, and told NME.COM things are healing nicely. Though Wolstenholme’s cast is due off on September 28, the band have brought out his V replacement, The Streets’ bassist Morgan Nicholls. “I played at home and it was okay but we kind of thought it’s going to be too risky to go out and play [shows] and have my hand all of a sudden to f*** up so we thought we’d bring Morgan out,” he said. “He’s basically at the side of the stage with a bass just ready, just in case I start screaming in agony.”

Muse whipped through a hearty afternoon set shortly before a performance by Las Vegas outfit The Killers. For frontman Brandon Flowers, Saturday’s highlight wasn’t performing for such a large crowd, but getting an introduction to a hero. “I got to meet Ian Brown,” he told NME.COM. “He’s just nice and that’s how we [as fellow artists are] supposed to be to each other. You can walk up to him and he walks up to you. It was wonderful for me to meet him earlier.”

Ian Brown who played his first US show in four years Saturday, also had a good time. After playing several Stone Roses songs and a handful of solo material tracks, his gig was cut short by the revolving stage, much to his delight. “Today, it was me favourite ending to a show I’ve ever done, when they pulled us off,” he told NME.COM. “The tune that I was on was called ‘Love Bug’’ and we’re doing the ‘Love Bug’ and the [stage started] revolving. I like that. That was a right end to a performance.”

Following a heated performance by Devo, who danced in unison, tore each other’s yellow suits off and threw their trademark red, step hats into the audience, Franz Ferdinand faced one of their biggest US crowds to date. The group easily won over the pavilion with favourites ‘Take Me Out’, and ‘Michael’. Backstage, Hot Hot Heat, who played this event last year, came by to congratulate the group. Franz Ferdinand will continue their US show with a just announced Los Angeles stop at the Wiltern, Tuesday. Tickets for the show go on sale today (September 19) at noon, Los Angeles time.

Chris

I just *knew* Mozz would pull out of that concert, somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I just *knew* Mozz would pull out of that concert, somehow!
    That's what someone in the audience said also!

Chris

Mr Payroll, he puts on a great show when he does tough it out through a set

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast