+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KROQ's Inland Invasion IV (So. Cal)

First off let me say that the sound system at the side stage sucked BIG TIME and really ruined most of the sets.

SIDE STAGE

The Walkmen - Their one hit song sounded good.

Missing Persons - Unfortunately time has not been kind to Dale Bozio's voice. she could not hit the high notes, which are most of her songs. The drummer though was excellent. At first I thought it was her ex-husband Terry Bozio, but it was just some young kid who probably grew up on Missing Persons, because he knew the songs beat for beat.

Death Cab for Cutie - Also their one hit song sounded good.

A Flock of Seagulls - Damn the sound system. These guys deserved better, but the crowed loved them and they delivered. They ended with I Ran and we were all going crazy. They should have also played the main stage to make up for Morrissey.

MAIN STAGE

Muse - Didn't get to see them because of Flock of Seagulls

X - Didn't get to see them because of Flock of Seagulls

Ian Brown of Stone Roses - Terrible, terrible, terrible. He was off key his whole set and might have been too drunk, also.

The Killers - I thought they were the best of the new bands. The lead singer has an incredible voice and was able to hit all the high notes. We'll see how he sounds in 10 years!

Tears for Fears - They sounded great, once their damn mikes were turned on.

Devo - Wow, what can I say. I had never seen them perform before and boy did I miss out. Even 20 years later, other than being a little older and heavier, these guys rocked. Their instrument playing was perfect and the vocals suffered little from the passage of time. They even had some of their vintage moves for the crowd. The best band of the night.

Franz Ferdinand - They crowd really seemed to like them. I thought they sounded too one dimensional.

Billy Idol - Most people think he stole the show and yes he looked great (6 pack abs and all) and Steve Stevens played a mean guitar. With the cancellation of Morrissey, he should have closed the show, not Siouxsie. Then people would have left on a high note.

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Probably more than 50% of the people left during the first couple of songs. It wasn't her fault, she sounded pretty good and the instruments were great. But she reworked her hit songs to a more international sound and most people were upset that Morrissey wasn't playing. She shouldn't have closed out the show, because she is a more artsy performer and people wanted a rocker to end the show (see Billy Idol above)

Morrissey (Strangely subdued)

Well Morrissey says that he will do a make up show for all of the 65,000 people that he stood up. We'll see how that turns out.

All in all this year was so much more disappointing than last years. The sound on the side stage was amateurish and there didn't seem to be as many bands this year as last year. But they did start the concert about an 1 1/2 earlier than last year. And it was cooler than last year.

Depending on next years lineup, I may or may not go. Also, depending if I'm stilL alive by then!

Chris

I saw several of those bands back in the late 80's. It would have been great to see them now. X and Billy Idol were particularly awesome when I saw them as a teen. Thanks for the recap and for bringing back some memories.

Of course someone is doing this!

http://www.aversion.com/news/news_ar...m?news_id=3036

Morrissey Fans to Sue KROQ?
    Sep 21, 2004

Morrissey fans who feel jilted that a Los Angeles radio station withheld information about Morrissey's cancellation may be plotting a class-action lawsuit.

While no papers have been filed, an anonymous poster on Morrissey-solo.com claimed that a $50 million class action lawsuit against KROQ was in the works. The lawsuit alleges the radio station knew of the illness that sidelined Morrissey at 11 a.m., but didn't spread word until 7 p.m. in order to keep attendence high and concession-money flowing until the end of the show. The poster claims KROQ brought in $14 million in concessions at its Inland Invasion show this weekend.

After coming down with sinusitis and laryngitis, Morrissey was forced to cancel an appearance Saturday (Sept. 18).

Doctors advised the Pope of Mope not to talk for at least two days. The news came the morning before he was to play KROQ's Inland Invasion 4 in Los Angeles. Disappointed fans have been told to hold onto their ticket stub for a makeup performance when Morrissey feels better, though a date has not been announced.

Morrissey is touring to support his latest, You are the Quarr (2004, Attak/Sanctuary)

Actually Ian Brown of the Stone Roses mentioned it before 4 pm and the official word was well before 7 pm.

Chris

How utterly silly. I didn't sue Dave Gahan for having Depeche Mode postpone a Houston gig when he collapsed on stage the night before in Louisiana
    Last edited by Texicana; 09-21-2004 at 04:30 PM.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Newbie

Pictures of Inland Invasion 4

Well, it was a great show and I managed to snap some photos of all the artists from the decent seat I had in the Orchestra section. (yes, some of Ian Brown also). If there is enough interest I can set up an album or something online so you all can see. I've also have excellent footage of Billy Idol and Siouxsie's performance at the show. And as for the announcement of Morrissey's non performance, it was posted on the net around 12p.m. and announced at the concert by Ian Brown during his performance, hours before 7 p.m. Why sue when you're getting 2 concerts for the price of one?

Props to Texicana who has ESP.

~caligirl

Sounds like you had loads of fun, Caligirl626, and to Fort!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Hey caligirl, what kind of camera did you have? Was it a camera phone or did you sneak in one of those real small camera's? How many megapixels?

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12