+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trance

Trance

I love trance music, anyone else here like this form of music? I'll start naming my favorites once i have some posts.
    Not a fan of reality tv shows, only Big Brother.

My friend got me into trance a few months ago, and I love it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Do you mean Aphex Twin or Paul Oakenfold? I love those artists. I'm not sure exactly where the genres begin and end, but I am a huge fan of music that falls under the electronica or maybe trip hop. So I like music by, well, people like: Massive Attack, Air, Morcheeba, Lamb, Moloko, Thievery Corporation, Portishead, Nightmares on Wax, Future Sound of London...and Charstar's got me really into Lunascape, Goldfrapp, Solar Twins and Sneaker Pimps.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I LOVE trance/vocal trance/techno/any other kinda dance music. Seriously its awesome. I got into it when I lived in South FL where its pretty big down there and more when I moved back to NY. Its got sick beats and the words are the most beautiful lyrics in songs ever. Awesome type of music
    Embrace me, surround me . . . as the rush comes

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Do you mean Aphex Twin or Paul Oakenfold? I love those artists. I'm not sure exactly where the genres begin and end, but I am a huge fan of music that falls under the electronica or maybe trip hop. So I like music by, well, people like: Massive Attack, Air, Morcheeba, Lamb, Moloko, Thievery Corporation, Portishead, Nightmares on Wax, Future Sound of London...and Charstar's got me really into Lunascape, Goldfrapp, Solar Twins and Sneaker Pimps.
    Ah...Lunascape.
    Gustav Holst was right!

DJ Gt is my favorite Dj so far out of the hundeds of songs I have heard. Download them here:

www.generationtrance.com

These are must haves.
    Not a fan of reality tv shows, only Big Brother.

I am a HUGE fan of trance/techno/house etc. I didn't start getting into it until I was 12 and now I LOVE this music. I recently bought a 2-disc compilation of trance music (it was an import from the UK) that was 10 bucks and I figured, "Ah sure, I always like to open myself up to new and different artists in the music". Best 10 bucks spent. It's in my CD player and discman.

Any fave songs?
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Trance is by far the best style of music, ever.

I highly recommend any 'Global Underground' series. It features a particular DJ in various places in the world. I've never heard a bad album from that series. GU002, New York, Paul Oakenfold is my all time favorite.

Some of my favorite DJs (mostly from UK):
    Paul Oakenfold
    Paul Van Dyk
    DJ Tiesto
    Sasha
    John Digweed
    Sander Kleinenberg
    Nick Warren
    Seb Fontaine
    Darren Emerson
    Kimball Collins
    Christopher Lawrence

I've seen Oakenfold several times live... AMAZING . I've also seen PVD at Sound Factory in NYC.

I've downloaded several older (98-02) live sets of Oakenfold... just incredible stuff. Radio One in the UK plays all that stuff. They have a web site but I don't know what it is.

I also listen to several forms of house... with DJ Dan, Mark Farina, and DJ Charles Feelgood being my favorites.

I love trance! I would have to say Oakenfold is my fave too, and my all time fave cd of his is Another World. One of the cd's still on heavy rotation in my collection. Some others I like are Sasha and Digweed, DJ Tiesto, BT, Paul Van Dyke. Oh yeah, love the Plastic compilations too. Trance reminds me of my younger days and when raves were the best places to be.
    Ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    I love trance! I would have to say Oakenfold is my fave too, and my all time fave cd of his is Another World. One of the cd's still on heavy rotation in my collection. Some others I like are Sasha and Digweed, DJ Tiesto, BT, Paul Van Dyke. Oh yeah, love the Plastic compilations too. Trance reminds me of my younger days and when raves were the best places to be.

charstar813, have you listened to these Oakenfold albums?

tranceport
    traveling
    ibiza
    bunkka
    great wall

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast