+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Parts of Songs

I love a good particular sound in a song, but not as much as a good line, here are a few:

1) "I'm sick and I'm twisted, I'm broken, you can't fix it" and "I've been dead soo many times I've lost count" from River Below - Billy Talent

2) "Some people want it all but I don't want nothing at all if it ain't you baby, If I ain't got you baby" from If I ain't got you - Alicia Keys

3) "Something I wasn't sure of but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now, but I seemed too little of" from This is the last time - Keane (from my signature)

4)"This is my life and I make my own stage" from Free ever after - Kurt Nilsen

just to share with you folks!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

FORT Fan
    The end of 'November Rain' by Guns 'N Roses

first song to come to my mind when reading the title of this thread was
    Led Zepplin
    Stairway to Heaven
    love all of it but, love the end the most.

The first lines of Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World":
    "Welcome to your life/ There's no turning back" For some reason, that always gets me.

When I'm in traffic (and even thought I'm not a huge fan) I love the part in "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit toward the end that goes "...break your f-in face tonight! Give me somethin' to break..." It's really good if I've been in traffic a LONG TIME! I'm not a violent person either. Really
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Instrumental parts of songs that I lurrrve:
    U2 - "Like a Song": 3:43 to 4:46
    U2 - "The Refugee": 1:26 to 1:51
    Better than Ezra - "Desperately Wanting": 3:05 to 3:22
    Rancid - "Ruby Soho": 1:23 to 1:35
    Dropkick Murphys - "B*****ds on Parade": 2:42 to 3:14 (Irish jig! Woot!)

If we're talking about lyrics...

"He said 'dance for me franciulla gentil,'" PJ Harvey, "The Dancer" --My favorite line from any song EVER.

"Steal the warm wind tired friend," Soundgarden, "Black Hole Sun" --So simple, yet somehow so powerful.

"She's breaking hearts, you're breaking beats," Radio 4, "Party Crashers"

"Cut myself on angel's hair and baby's breath," Nirvana, "Heart-Shaped Box"

"Hijack you like a comanche/I'm a man on a mission/Rhyme vigilante," Fatboy Slim, "Wonderful Night"

"Hey yo, BAM super nature g*****mn"/Cerrone on the microphone I am/Adrock a.k.a sharp cheddar/My rhymes are better/What the Helen of Troy is that?/Did I hear you say my rhymes is wack?" Beastie Boys, "Triple Trouble"
    Last edited by MysticalChicken; 04-05-2005 at 08:02 PM. Reason: to add stuff
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

The beginning buildup in Floaters "Endless I" once he gets to the guitar strumming I have good bumps.
    Also
    In the song Diamond 1:10 to 1:20

Jason Mraz: Acoustic Version of Unfold
    When he gets to the part that goes:
    ...My hands are high
    And I'm holding up, holding out
    And I figure that I, just might make it, I just might make it
    And I'm waking empty but seldom sleeping
    And the words repeat, breathing histories into stories untold
    And I unfold...

In Jeff Buckleys Lilac wine...well, like all of it. nevermind
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

seanboy316
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    The first ten seconds of "Badge" by Cream. Of course, I love that entire song, it's probably one of my favorite Cream songs ever, but damn it, I will repeat the start over and over again like a crazy person just for that killer bass line!
    Actually, I love the third vese of that song when the Bruce goes crazy on the bass. Sort of Motownish.

That's Carrie. She's hot. Amazing Fanatic's Avatar
    In "What a Wonderful World", the part where it says: "I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow, they'll learn much more than I'll ever know." I love it because it's true. The whole song is good at that. Makes you wish that this world was just.....so peaceful.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    The piano at the beginning of "Clocks" by Coldplay
    The piano at the end of "The Dance" by Garth Brooks
    The guitar solo on "Freebird"
    Everything about "The Way you look tonight"
    Any guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen
    David Lee Roth in "Ice Cream Man"...'all my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy'
    Music at the end of "Purple Rain" by Prince
    Drum rip in the middle of "In the air tonight" by Phil Collins
    Can't think of the name of it but Elvis came out to it at alot of his concerts (2001 Space Odyssey??)

Gosh..the more I sit here..the more I think of so I better stop with what I have......
    Last edited by bbnbama; 06-04-2005 at 12:28 AM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm a sucker for a good intro or a memorable line:

The guitars at the beginning of Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. (They come in at 0:11.)

The guitar solo at the beginning of Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'n Roses.

The synth (and drum foot pedal?) at the beginning of Ain't Nuthin' But a G Thang by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.

The line "Forgive me, I'm a rider" in How Do You Want It? by Tupac Shakur. (Note: It's how I arrived at my MSN name. See my profile. )

The guitar solo, the drums coming at 0:05, and Billy Joe Armstrong at 0:15 on When I Come Around.

The line "Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage" in Bullet with Butterfly Wings by the Smashing Pumpkins.

The line "And you can have it all/My empire of dirt" in Hurt by Johnny Cash.

That's all I have right now from the CD's I have laying around my office.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast