Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Parts of Songs

A man after my own musical heart
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Justin Timberlake-Rock Your Body
    2:22-2:40

I just love that part.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Oh God my ears are bleeding just thinking about it.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I love the very first part of "American Woman" by The Guess Who (rarely played).

Ender by Finch 2:30-3:06 (Its a soft song, then there is a :25 build up to where it gets loud. I love it and replay it over and over.)
    Bawitaba by Kid Rock (My name is Kiiiid, Kid Rock...in the beginning, love that part)
    Everything by Lifehouse 3:56-6:07 (Again when its a quiet song then just gets loud)
    Nobody's Listening by Linkin Park :09-:38 (Mike's rapping makes that song in the first 40 seconds)
    Faint by Linkin Park :16-:29 (Great part of just music, I love the whole song but that part gets me every time)

I could name a ton more but don't want to bore you all. Plus this whole time I have been going back to that Finch song and replaying it.

Ooh, 3:39-5:40 in Radiohead's "Paranoid Android" (or, if you're watching the video, starting right about when that kid climbs up the light pole, through the part where the angel arrives in the helicopter and the fat man cuts off his own limbs, to just before the mermaids arrive).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Thanks for reminding me of Radiohead, SFG!

Radiohead - The Tourist (4:00-End) What a great conclusion to a great song and to a great album (love the *ding* at the very end).

Radiohead - 2+2=5 (2:25-End) The first time I heard this song, I was floored by that part. I felt it came out of nowhere and rocked extremely hard. I just realized a song named 2+2=5 really starts rocking at 2:25 ...neat!

Radiohead - There There (2:54-End) Everything before that part is mediocre. But when Thom says "there theeeeeeeere" while dropping the tone of the second "there", the riff gets quite good and everything builds from there (there).
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I love the very first part of "American Woman" by The Guess Who (rarely played).

That is good Jewels. You're right, they rarely play the beginning on the radio.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Right off the bat, I have to steal one from Z's first post. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out, the same part of the song. I have overplayed it, but I still get a kick out of listening to that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    And they were awesome at this year's Warped Tour.
    Great, another FORTer who went to the VWT! I agree, their set was really good, but I unfortunately missed some of the songs because they were the very last to play and I had to leave.
    With that being said, Devil in Jersey City, by Coheed and Cambria from the start to 1:08.

Some other ones...
    Weezer - Hash Pipe The very beginning is just rock-hard fun.
    Massive Attack -Teardrop From the start until the person starts to sing.
    Hawksley Workman - Smoke baby - (0:10- 0:55)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    Massive Attack -Teardrop From the start until the person starts to sing.
    WHAT?!! That "person" (her voice is so beautiful I don't even think she's human) is Elizabeth Frasier of Cocteau Twins, and IMHO she's the very best part of that exact song! (You know, I'm just giving you a hard time, mi SilverEstrella )
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast