+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up and Coming Bands

Up and Coming Bands

http://www.disgruntledsherpa.50megs.com/

I caught this band live a few weeks ago and actually made the special effort of buying the CD. Great music for fans of alt-country. I see that their next album is "Keeping it Real." Seems appropriate since they came off as natural musicans and the lead singer was very down-to-earth and quite attractive. It was a good show.

Good for them!
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

Death Cab for Cutie, one of my favourites
    Stabilo, a local band. The lead singer/guitarist is my good friends neighbour/friend.
    The Starting Line, hopefully will keep getting better known
    Cauterize, same as above

I have about a thousand others...

PSi
    i'm pretty sure the starting line was well known last year. i rmember their crappy song frequented the Fuse countdown last year. . . so they'r enot really up and coming. . .

Death Cab for Cutie played in NYC a few weeks back. I left early but she caught the show. She said they were pretty good. I should have stayed.
    Note To Self: Hire Gigohead as my publicist. She's done wonders for my career - www.Norm-macdonald.com

On our radio station here they have something called "Local licks" where local bands get to send in their CD and if it's radio quality, they'll play their songs for like 15 minutes or so (3-4 songs per band) & give them that air time & promotional talk... it's really cool. Anyhow, last weekend there was a very original sounding band on there called "Dakota" ... just two girls singing with amazing harmonies...
    Don't know if they're up and coming or what, it certainly sounded like someone that we may hear more from in the future

www.dakotaband.com

Don't know if theyve got any samples on their website....don't remember.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Newbie

Sherpa

I saw those guys back when they were the trees. Isn't the singer in rehab now? I know a girl who dated him and she told me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://www.sugarmoney.net/index.asp

Bo Bice's band.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Death Cab for Cutie, one of my favourites
    Death Cab for Cutie are one of the biggest names in indie rock, and have been for quite a while. They've produced many successful albums and have made a name for themselves. I think they're great, too, but I'm not sure if they're so much up-and-coming. Just up

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I saw a band called StarFuzz at a local festival this weekend. I'd seen them at a local venue too, but forgot until I saw them again.

They are really young, sort of dorky looking guys but they play some great alternative/emo sort of stuff.

Anyway, found their website if you live in Colorado and want to check 'em out.

I'm not sure if they are still an underground-ish band but I am absolutely in love with The Dresden Dolls. The sort of music they do is this really neat fusion of punk, caberet, silent film-era, piano. I mean, it does have the punk sound but not with the guitars and such. I mean, it's really unique, creative and original. I had never heard anything quite like them before.

You can check out some of their music at www.dresdendolls.com

Another artist to check out is Regina Spektor. Sort of similar style to The Dresden Dolls but more softer. Someone described her music style to Fiona Apple's and I do see some of the Fiona influences. Just very nice, mellow sort of music.

www.reginaspektor.com If you wanted to check out her music.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast