+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Worst Songs of 2004

Just about anything from teh "dirty South" has been crap for hip-hop, and I don't like that the whole motion of the genre is moving toward it.. Lil' Jon, and Ludacris are the only ones who do it right, its influence, but its not dominating.. Purposely slurring words *cough* Nelly *cough* *cough* Chingy *cough*.. I need a throat lozange or something... but purposely slurring words in a song is just dumb.. its not funny, or appealing to anyone with an IQ over 4 I'd think..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I also have to add one song that has been bugging me lately that deserves a place on the list and that's "Angels" by Jessica Simpson.

Well, I perfer Robbie Williams' version better but in Jessica's version, I can't figure out whether A) She's trying way too hard to sound British in it or B) She sounds really constipated on it.

Ya know what? I think it's both.

And basically, anything sung by Hilary Duff belongs on the list.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Yes, Angel is horrible. Anybody hear it on the VMA's? Now that was the worst performance I have ever seen.

PSi
    If anything was horrible from the VMAs, it was hoobastank. That lead singer sounds just horrible.....

but my vote for the worst (popular song) of the year has to be that Sierra song...when your singing is muffled out by the song, it just can't be good. At least every other song, you can hear...sort of what they're saying, but when it's just mumbles...garbage.

but i'm glad that emopunk craze is over...such trash.

I have found hte WORST song for 2004...

Christina Aquilera ft Missy Elliot - Carwash

All I can say is... WTF?!?!
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Recently saw Jessica Simpson on TOTP in Britain singing "Take my breath away". I understand she's a big star in the US, but dear goodness, she was absolutely woeful. I saw a couple of people in the audience yawning!!!

FORT Fan
    I think the worst thing is probably the fact that there are a lot of people out there who like all of these songs, because they seem to be pretty darn popular, no matter how bad they are...........

Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Recently saw Jessica Simpson on TOTP in Britain singing "Take my breath away". I understand she's a big star in the US, but dear goodness, she was absolutely woeful. I saw a couple of people in the audience yawning!!!

Horrible. Horrible. Surprised it wasn't mentioned more.

I am surprised that people haven't complimented the producers of Hillary Duff ... they turned her annoying nasal voice with no power into a few very catchy tunes. That actually takes some talent.

The worst for me had to be Lenny Kravitz "California" (which thankfully hasn't gotten much airplay), hes the posterboy for soulless, corporate rock.

The 'My Immortal' song was drudge. Chingy's "Right Thurr". Ushers' "Yeah",

finally my #1 most hated song ... that stupid "Redneck Girl" by (generic pretty pop/country singer of the moment). I'm not a huge country fan ... but its this decades "Achy Breaky Heart".

I wish I had XM radio to escape all those mess.

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    The Streets "Dry your eyes" He is talkign threw the whole thing, besides the chorus. His voice sounds horrible!

Has anyone heard Britney Spear's new song. I forgot what it's called, but it is horrible!

Hillary Duff sux so much!

Im tired of those trashy bands like Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, Simple plan, and all those crappy bands taking up space! There is so much better bands out there then these crap!
    You stole my smart quote!

The guy in The Streets is meant to be talking through the song. I've got Dry your Eyes on my car CD constantly, love the song. You probably don't like it because it's not an American voice. He's a Brummie (from Birmingham) although his accent on the song isn't that strong.

+ Reply to Thread