+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Worst Songs of 2004

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    Any Hilary Duff song. Any Britney Spears song. And that "Tipsy" song. The lyrics made absolutely no sense to me.
    I saw the live performance of "Tipsy" on SNL a while back...now THAT was even worse. Another bad song by J-Kwon is "Locked Up." The guy can't sing, though I think he probably should be locked up anyway for making such bad songs.
    Gustav Holst was right!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    It's not a 2004 song, because it was originally sung by the go-gos, but Hilary Duff's version of "Our Lips Are Sealed" is the worst thing I have ever laid ears on.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    I saw the live performance of "Tipsy" on SNL a while back...now THAT was even worse. Another bad song by J-Kwon is "Locked Up." The guy can't sing, though I think he probably should be locked up anyway for making such bad songs.
    I was wrong about J-Kwon singing "Locked Up." It's actually by AKON, if I've spelled it correctly. And what a con that song is.
    Gustav Holst was right!

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    anything by any actor turned singer..come on you ain't making enough money in the movies? stick to one industry..VERY little if any actors can sing!
    examples
    hilary duff
    lindsey lohan (barf)
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    IMO, all rap is crap, except Beastie Boys and Cypress Hill, but I think the worst song had to be Right Therr

Okay, I am in the minority but I actually liked "Tipsy" for a while. It may have been stupid lyrically but it had a good beat that made you want to get up and shake ya groove thang...yanno?

Also this year, HATED:

Anything by Britney Spears, Jessucka Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Avril Latrine, Good Charlotte, and most of those whiny boys on MTV these days. Ohh, I know...it was "Story of the Year' by Dashboard Confessional. Wahh!

What's up with Lil' Jon saying 'YEAH!!" and "BEND OVER TO THE FRONT AND TOUCH YA TOE!"?? All the same! Usher's "Yeah" sounds just like "Get Low".
    "I only run if I'm being chased" (Dominique- Making the Band 3)

Quote Originally Posted by EVOO
    Okay, I am in the minority but I actually liked "Tipsy" for a while. It may have been stupid lyrically but it had a good beat that made you want to get up and shake ya groove thang...yanno?
    Yeah...I liked that quality of "Tipsy." But that was it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVOO

Also this year, HATED:

Anything by Britney Spears, Jessucka Simpson, Ashlee Simpson, Avril Latrine, Good Charlotte, and most of those whiny boys on MTV these days. Ohh, I know...it was "Story of the Year' by Dashboard Confessional. Wahh!

What's up with Lil' Jon saying 'YEAH!!" and "BEND OVER TO THE FRONT AND TOUCH YA TOE!"?? All the same! Usher's "Yeah" sounds just like "Get Low".
    Little Jon's Yeeeeeeeeeah! is funny though. Especially when Chappelle does it. And all those whiny boys on MTV are Emo. EMO SUCKS TOO!

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonasIsTheMan
    anything by any actor turned singer..come on you ain't making enough money in the movies? stick to one industry..VERY little if any actors can sing!
    examples
    hilary duff
    lindsey lohan (barf)

She CANNOT sing. My little sister listens to Radio Disney a lot and every other song is a Hilary Duff song. On that station, her songs are WAY overplayed, as are all the songs by singers who star in a Disney show. Raven is another example, except she can almost sing.

FORT Fan
    Is it Hilary Duff who did no justice to the Go-Go's Our Lips Are Sealed? She should be sued, what a terrible remake.......
    It's amazing how quickly teen pop takes over the airwaves and sticks.......honestly, I think the worst thing about it is it's like teen karaoke, all they do is sing lyrics someone else wrote over music someone else wrote. And I don't even think they understand the lyrics to half of what they sing!!

+ Reply to Thread