+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Like These Songs???

Why Do People Like These Songs???

RANT:

I hate these idiotic songs that everyone seems to like. Like Nelly's song "Flap Your Wings". The words are: "Drop down and get your iggle on girl". (No, there was no typo in that quote.)

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT????? AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO LIKE THE SONG. WHY?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? !?!?

AND USHER AND BEYONCE ARE ALWAYS ON THE RADIO OR MUSIC VIDEOS.

I'M TIRED OF "YEAH!". I'M TIRED OF "LET IT BURN!". I'M TIRED OF "CONFESSIONS!" THE SONGS ARE NOT THAT GREAT.

Hoobastank's "The Reason". God, the lead singer's voice makes me want to throw myself out of the window.

Anything Britney Spears makes me want to kill myself. SHE HAS NO TALENT. WE KNOW SHE CAN'T SING, WE KNOW SHE LIP SYNCHS, WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP PLAYING HER RECORDS???????????????

Hilary Duff and Lindsey Lohan-WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?! WHO GAVE THEM RECORD DEALS!?!?!?!?

Okay, I just needed to release my anger.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    don't forget that paris hilton is gonna release an album too....
    i don't get it either, kai. what happened to the talent?!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    Hoobastank's "The Reason". God, the lead singer's voice makes me want to throw myself out of the window.

Noooo kidding. Why are they so popular anyway?

I can't comment on the Britney/Lindsey/Hilary thing, I've only heard two Britney songs in my life, and I only know who Hilary Duff is because my oldest likes watching Lizzie McGuire.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I feel your frustration, Kai. I am also of the opinion that Hoobastank hoobastinks. I have to confess I used to like Usher and Beyonce, but the media oversaturation has turned me off. As for the hot-but-untalented girl contingent, what can I say? As long as there are 38-year-old men buying records for their young daughters, I doubt this trend will peter out any time soon.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I like Hoobastank.

I can't stand rap songs that don't make any sense and are basically saying "Go and have unprotected sex with anybody you want, get some bling bling, a sweet ride, be pimpin, yo!" I can't stand Christina Milian's song "Dip It Low." What the hell does that mean anyway???
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

A lot of what you're saying is personal opinion. I like Hoobastank and Usher. The radio stations over play them to death and thats why I never listen to the radio any more. When you're in the car pop in a CD, when you're at home d/l some songs you like.

I agree with the lyrics of the Nelly song, it is so stupid. But the sound of the song is good. I like a lot of rap but most of the songs I wouldn't play with my windows down in my car or when my parents are around.

Hoobastank's "The Reason". God, the lead singer's voice makes me want to throw myself out of the window
    I actually love this song, but then my best friend and I have always joked about my propensity for liking men that sound like prepubescent little boys (Vince Gill, Michael W. Smith, etc..)

I also don't listen to the radio unless I find a no repeat station. I hate hearing the same song over and over... hate having the enjoyment ruined for me. And I grew out of the MTV watching habit years ago, around the time when they relegated videos to only 20% of the content. Now I only go there for The Real World.

I also pretty much stick my own CDs and don't listen to radio anymore (except for some good indie stations and NPR ), and yet you still can't escape some songs. I also hate it when repeat play kills a beloved song or artist, like the way they totally ruined "The Macarena" (I was totally into Los Del Rio before they sold out and got all popular. ).

Obviously this is all going to come down to personal taste, but in the above cases I just so happen to be in agreement with Kai.

Anyway, if I might add my own query here, I don't understand the appeal of Good Charlotte? Bloody boring.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I actually love this song, but then my best friend and I have always joked about my propensity for liking men that sound like prepubescent little boys (Vince Gill, Michael W. Smith, etc..)
    There is absolutely no foul in liking Michael W. Smith! He's awesome.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

I have to agree with Clipse, Broadway and Snowie here, it's the fact that the radio stations overplay songs that, at first listen, are not that bad. I love Usher and his style of music, but I when I listen to his CD, I skip the songs that are always playing on the radio.

The other day, I was listening to some random radio station at work and the DJ said something like: "Hey listeners, we're going to play Hoobastank - The reason. You know you want to hear it!"
    Unfortunately, I did not.

The very same thing happened with "Hey ya" and "In tha club", just to name a few.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast