+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why Do People Like These Songs???

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I've heard nothing but good stuff about XM radio....geez....makes me wish I had extra money laying around so I could afford it!

I'm one of those moms that love today's music...my son listens to mostly rap (radio-friendly style)....so I'm one of those moms that love Nelly, Eminem, 50 cent, Beyonce, Kanye, T-Pain, etc. But I've also introduced groups from "my" time to him and he loves Queen (especially)...so it all evens out!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by luckythirteen View Post
    We all have our guilty pleasures don't we? Mainstream music isn't bad ALL the time; some people just don't have the time to look for acutal "good" music and end up listening to the radio. But the thing I hate the most is that people criticize people for the type of music they like.
    Amen to that! I no longer understand--or ever really cared--about the (what I call) "The More-Obscure-Than-You Game"; that is, "The hip-hop or alternative music I listen to is more obscure than yours." My response: So? If you truly like these musicians, wouldn't it naturally follow that you wish them success? (The only reason not to wish them success is so they'll remain obscure, and you can claim to listen to a musician/band no one else knows.)

But if they achieve "mainstream" success, then you no longer have the "I listen to music more obscure than yours" medal. Time, then, to find yet another obscure musician so you can start the entire cycle over again, and regain your "more obscure than yours" medal.

Hell, one of the absolutely hippest artists I know, Peter Bagge of Hate! fame, once wrote a three-page column about his favorite music. I assumed the Grand Poobah of Cool, the King of Indie Comics, would listen to the creme de la creme in obscure music, say, Tibetan monks chanting with bleating goats while grocery carts crashed around in the background. Nope. His column was a tribute to mainstream pop, boy bands, girl pop bands, and he professed a love and admiration for good hooks and catchy beats. I'm completely down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama
    I'm one of those moms that love today's music...my son listens to mostly rap (radio-friendly style)....so I'm one of those moms that love Nelly, Eminem, 50 cent, Beyonce, Kanye, T-Pain, etc.
    You rock, bbnbama!

I, too, am a fan of Eminem and Kanye West, and lately, I've gone back in my collection and started listening to Tupac, The D.O.C. and Dr. Dre again. As for new hip-hop artists I'm starting to like, I'd have to list Project Pat and Camp Lo. (I think your son--and you--would like, too. Project Pat isn't very radio-friendly, though. )

In response to the question posed by the thread, I'd have to go with Jesus, Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood as my current teeth-grinder song. My response? "I have to light a cigarette here, so, yeah, Jesus, take the wheel for a moment."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey
    I haven't read through this thread so i'm sure this has been stated, but the beautiful thing about music is that it's subjective. No matter how cringeworthy a song is, someone will be a fan of it.

FORT Fogey
    In response to the question posed by the thread, I'd have to go with Jesus, Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood as my current teeth-grinder song. My response? "I have to light a cigarette here, so, yeah, Jesus, take the wheel for a moment
    you made my day!!!!

I saw in the television the other about b-spears
    how much did she sold n her albums they said that millions of millions kinde like madonna and she wins
    $ more them other famous singer girls ....... i cannot believe that its kinde of stuped lol

Hey! Tell me more about this XM radio.....how do you get it and how much is it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234