+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Like These Songs???

Yeah, Usher is okay. It was just that his video was on two different music channels on the radio when I turned it on, and I was very mad. Beyonce is talented as well, just OVERSATURATED.

Snowflakegirl, I agree that Good Charloette is not all that. They are just the poster children for people who want to be "true punk rockers!!!!" (which is annoying).

I don't even think that "Flap Your Wings" have a good beat. Rap music has gotten so terrible in the past few years.

Another group I hate-Jet. Grrrrrrr. They annoy me beyond belief.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    As long as there are 38-year-old men buying records for their young daughters...
    and buying the posters for themselves :rolleyes

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I like Jet. They get just the enough play here in Canada.

I never liked Destiny's Child, and therefore never liked Beyonce. And then when she became popular, it gave me more reasons to hate her.

I think the 'Reason' behind 'The Reason' being so popular is because 1. it rhymes very nicely and 2. its very general, not talking about a 'he' or a 'she' therefore both guys and girls can relate to the song.
    Whenever I hear the song on the radio now, I replace the word 'Reason' with 'Raisin' and it makes the song much funnier and enjoyable.

I like a lot of mainstream music these days. But its not because their mainstream, its because I honestly love listening to them.

Jazz, classic, rock, abd blues were popular when our parents were growing up so they like listenint to these type of music. A lot of kids my age like listening to pop, rock, punk, rap, hip hop, and etc. Maybe there'll cone a time when us teens'll all be grey and old and the next generation of kids will roll their eyes at what we listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyj
    I can't stand rap songs that don't make any sense and are basically saying "Go and have unprotected sex with anybody you want, get some bling bling, a sweet ride, be pimpin, yo!"
    Me neither. The song that annoys me the most would be "Confessions." This guy is asking his girlfriend to forgive him for sleeping with a "chick on the side" and getting her pregnant. I mean, what the hell? Why would you even have a "chick on the side" if you already have this "woman you love"?

Yes, I know that the lyrics of the song are fictional, but I believe that this song is saying that it's ok to cheat on someone. And it's also TERRIBLE!!!!!
    Gustav Holst was right!

I regret that I sound so judgemental in my first post. Music is incredibly subjective, so it's okay to love whatever resonates with you, whatever it may be, whether it's Franz Ferdinand or Neil Diamond. I know some of the music I love would raise some eyebrows if I played it at a party, so I'm the last one to talk.

Really, I think my big beef is the awful tendency for radio stations (many of whom are owned by one corporate entity anyway), music television, the media, and popular tastemakers to run certain songs into the frickin' ground!!! Like they all sat there in a big boarding room and said to themselves, "Everyone's gonna love 'Let's Get It Started'! Everyone! Let's play it on every station, even the country and Christian ones! At a sporting event! In a tampon commercial!"

Well you know what, I happen to love the Blackeyed Peas. Furthermore, I used to really love "Let's Get Retarded." I loved it! My booty could not stop shakin' to it. Well, after the past few months of hearing "Let's Get It Started" (which I regard as a bastardization of the original anyway), I want to beat my head against a sharp object to get it out!

Or Outkast--I love Outkast BIG TIME! But "Hey Ya" was shoved down my throat at every turn. Totally killed it for me!

Anyway, sorry, that is my rant about the corporatized ubiquity of popular music. And please, listen to whatever you love, don't think I'm making a personal judgement on you. That's as long as you can deal with me occasionally blasting Skinny Puppy after listening to Within Temptation after bopping out to Blur.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I have to agree with Clipse, Broadway and Snowie here, it's the fact that the radio stations overplay songs that, at first listen, are not that bad. I love Usher and his style of music, but I when I listen to his CD, I skip the songs that are always playing on the radio.

The other day, I was listening to some random radio station at work and the DJ said something like: "Hey listeners, we're going to play Hoobastank - The reason. You know you want to hear it!"
    Unfortunately, I did not.

The very same thing happened with "Hey ya" and "In tha club", just to name a few.

I think that part of it has to do with the fact that, in my experience, the songs on the radio aren't usually the best songs on the CD. So, we get some of the mediocre songs stuck in our heads, which gets annoying.

Personally, I like most of the songs on the radio, but after a while it gets drilled so far in your head you want to barf. (Get Low, anyone?)

People like songs for different reasons. Some for the actual music, some for the lyrics, some for the image the singer portrays (good or bad), most for a combination. The only station I listen to is NPR, I leave the music selection to myself, not the local DJ.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

It's not even the local DJ, Z, the music is predetermined by entertainment juggernaut Clear Channel and associates! That's why radio stations everywhere all sound the same!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I would just rather listen to any sort of talk radio while in the car, mostly because the songs that come on the radio are never the songs I look for. I once kept it tuned to KROQ for half a day and never got to one song I liked. So I just figured, I'd give up on music radio.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast