+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Elvis fans here?

Any Elvis fans here?

I don't know about you, but I am a HUGE fan of Elvis! I've loved him for, like, EVER! He was so incredibly handsome when he was younger.. I'm only a teenager, but I guess Elvis sort of grows on you when you hear of him in movies, books, and music.
    So onto my question, are there any Die Hard Elvis fans out there?
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

Yes he was so good looking when he was young. One day my sister and I were standing at the gate talking to his Uncle and he and some more guys came out and started throwing a football. He had on Levi's and no shirt. He was the cutest thing ever. I don't even like to see his pictures in later life. He didn't seem like the same man, to me.

I totally agree that he didn't look the same. I've researched him and everything, and his pictures look totally different, but no matter what, he was a great musician and singer, and I miss his music.
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

FORT Fogey
    My daughter (8) LOVES Elvis. It is one of the great things that her and my mom have in common. Maybe it's my doing, I used to sing "Can't Help Falling In Love" to her when she was a baby. It's still one of her favorites. About two years ago, she stumbled across the heartbreaking news that Elvis was dead. I guess we took it for granted that she understood this fact. It was funny and sad all at the same time. "What? you mean Elvis is dead? He DIED? Are you sure?" She loves all of his music, even the gospel, but she especially loves to walk around the house singing, "Walks like an angel, talks like an angel..."

ETA: I have to add that "Can't Help falling in Love" must be a great lullabye. I recently sung it to my 4 month old nephew...he was out like a light.

Also, another side note. I remember the night Elvis died. My mom's aunt had her son call my mom and tell her. To this day I still remember her saying, "You put your mother on the phone RIGHT NOW and tell her that I said that is NOT funny."
    Last edited by scarlett530; 07-12-2004 at 01:58 AM.

Aw, your daughter sounds so cute, my little brother is also 8 and sings All Shook Up! I'm from TN, and I live near DollyWood and they have a 50s shop and the majority of it is Elvis merchandise, and its my favorite place! I could spend some serious dollars in there!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

I remember the first song I ever heard of his. I was on a date and we were driving to a restaurant. Blue Moon of Kentucky came on the car radio. We got to the restaurant and I wouldn't get out till the song was finished.
    Shortly after that I saw him on the Ed Sullivan Show. He was also on the next week and I had all the young people in the family join me to watch. You should have heard THAT get together. We couldn't see his hips because they only let the cameras tape from his waist up.

I absolutely love Elvis...he's one of my all-time favorites and will be until the day I die. His voice, his looks of course & his greatness in music,...wow... I like all his stuff, both early and later material, among my favorite Elvis songs are "Don't cry daddy" & "I gotta know"

I was 4 years old when he died and had no clue who he was then. I was about 14 years old or so when they ran a 10-year remembrance show on TV for him on the day he died... I had probably heard Elvis songs before then but that's when I really took an interest & started reading about him & collecting his music.

No matter how he died or how he looked whatever in his later years, he always did sound good & I just wish I could've experienced him while he was still alive.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Oh yeah and one more thing.... since you guys love Elvis as well, I gotta ask this cause I don't know if it's just me but...

Do you guys also hate Elvis impersonators?

I can't stand them.... I'm like... "There's only ONE Elvis and no matter how good ya are at imitating him, it'll never be the real deal..." I guess Elvis impersonators are one of my main pet peeves, just because I love the original
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I soooo totally agree with you on Elvis impersonators! There will NEVER EVER be another Elvis, he was one of a kind, and I think that these people trying to make their money as an impersonator need to embrace that. This is my humble opinion, but I've always disliked them.

He had been dead for 12 years when I was born, but luckily, I still hear of him somewhere in movies, television shows, or music. I'm currently building an elvis site, cause I am a big fan, and I think he was just AWESOME!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

I don't like those over weight guys who act nutty. There is a young man in Memphis who dresses like Elvis and sings his music. He says it is a tribute to Elvis and not an impersonation. I like him a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast