+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Elvis fans here?

I'm not an Elvis fan and for awhile I hated the guy,but now I'm begining to appreciate his music a little. I think the turn around for me was the movie sound track for Oceans Eleven. For whatever reason the song he has on that sound track stuck with me so I decided to ease up on the hate and admit that I like some of his tune. Fat Elvis I can not do ,but the young Elvis was cool.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I am a HUGE Elvis fan! I love the comeback special in the mid to late sixties and he was wearing that black leather biker outfit...so hot!

My favorite Elvis songs...

1. Jailhouse Rock

2. Suspious Minds

3. Little less Conversation

4. In the Ghetto

5. Heartbreak Hotel...my absolute favorite!!!

Im okay with Elvis impersonators...if they are good.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

My fave songs are-

All Shook Up

Your Time Hasn't Come Yet, Baby-From the Movie Speedway

Love me Tender

Suspicious Minds

Jailhouse Rock
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

My Top 5 Favorite Elvis songs: (in no particular order....:-))

"Don't Cry Daddy"

"Don't"

"Return to sender"

"I gotta know" (I mostly dig this one because of the incredible acapella bass singer!)

Jailhouse Rock

Oh yeah...and I love the live concert version of "Are you lonesome tonight" where Elvis breaks out in giggles.... the story behind that one is very cute too, some of you probably know it.

Elvis was on stage & singing "Are you lonesome tonight." When the line ""Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there" is supposed to come up, Elvis starts improvising & changes the lyrics to "Do you gaze at your bald head and wish you had hair."

Well, this man stands up in the audience and rips his wig or tupe' off, points at his bald head (or some say he started fanning himself with his wig) & causes Elvis to break out in laughter :-))

It's adoreable....:-) Good song too.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Awww! Love the story behind that one! Today, I went to DollyWood in Piegon Forge, not too far from where I live. Some of you may have heard of it, but they have a shop absolutely STOCKED with Elvis merchandise and I got the cutest little Elvis pen, and it plays music when you push a button, it has Elvis songs that are instrumentals I love it! And the other day I got the
    "How Great Thou Art- As sung by Elvis" Album!!!! Yessssssssss!
    I'm hopin to get the 2 Disc collection for Christmas from my family!
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    ...Oh yeah...and I love the live concert version of "Are you lonesome tonight" where Elvis breaks out in giggles.... the story behind that one is very cute too, some of you probably know it.

Elvis was on stage & singing "Are you lonesome tonight." When the line ""Do you gaze at your doorstep and picture me there" is supposed to come up, Elvis starts improvising & changes the lyrics to "Do you gaze at your bald head and wish you had hair."

Well, this man stands up in the audience and rips his wig or tupe' off, points at his bald head (or some say he started fanning himself with his wig) & causes Elvis to break out in laughter :-)...
    I have heard a recording of that incident, and it's hilarious. After Elvis sings the "Do you gaze at your bald head and wish you had hair?" line, it cracks him up so much that he literally giggles for the remaining minute or two of the song.

I also heard Elvis describe the incident later, and he said it was a spontaneous impulse that came when "I looked out and saw these two bald-headed guys sitting in the second row." He didn't mention the toupée guy, but if that happened in response to Elvis's lyric improvisation, that would help explain why he couldn't stop laughing.
    (I always thought the drugs were to blame for that. The incident happened during one of the very last concerts Elvis did before he died.)

I was a teen when Elvis broke onto the scene, and I was never a huge fan - I thought he looked like a "hood." But certain songs, like "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" would turn me to mush. And I loved his "Peace In The Valley."

I recently learned that Elvis has, to date, sold over 1 billion records and CDs worldwide -- not counting the ones sold in many countries that don't track and report these sales. And, IIRC, he had 41 different singles or albums that sold Gold or Platinum.
    He was nominated several times for Grammys but the only 3 he ever won were for his Gospel music. (The album "How Great Thou Art" was one.)

Some of my favorite Elvis Songs are:
    Burnin' Love
    Don't
    Suspicious Minds
    That's All Right, Mama
    In The Ghetto
    Jailhouse Rock
    Peace In The Valley

I'm OK with good Elvis impersonators if they 'do' the young Elvis. The Las Vegas Elvis was out of shape and doped up with prescription meds and was almost a parody of himself. The young Elvis was "the real deal."
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. §;-D

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Elvis!

He was long gone when I was born, but I listened to one of my mom's CDs and I really liked it. I'm reading a biography on his life for English class, and I'm liking it. My favorite songs are...

Burning Love
    Are You Lonsome Tonight
    Jailhouse Rock
    Way Down
    All Shook Up
    Devil In Disguise
    Love Me Tender
    and
    Suspicious Minds

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Elvis is and always will be THE MAN!!! I don't think there will ever be another man like him...he was so unbelievably gorgeous....perfection in my eyes! When he was in the 60's comeback show in the black leather and then when it was Aloha from Hawaii..... beautiful........
    Some of my fave songs:
    Suspicious Minds
    Kentucky Rain
    Memories
    How Great Thou Art
    My Way

I saw him in concert when I was about 10 and while I think I was too young to fully appreciate it...it is a memory that has stuck with me all these years!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Elvis had a voice like no other. Truly beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12