+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destiny's Child To End Hiatus In Fall

FORT Fogey

Destiny's Child To End Hiatus In Fall

OMG i'm like soooooooo excited

I really can't wait to hear the new material, and to see the new live performance with all three girls together. Thinking about it makes me giddy. Yes, i know i'm a big fat loser

Destiny's Child will end its two-year hiatus with a performance on Pepsi's "Play for a Billion" TV game show in September. The chart-topping R&B trio will perform material from its forthcoming Columbia album at a Los Angeles taping, with one song set to air Sept. 12 on the ABC show. Destiny's Child's as-yet-untitled album is due in November.

"We are really looking forward to getting back on stage and performing together as a group," group member Beyoncé Knowles says in a statement. "The Pepsi 'Play for a Billion' show is a great place to share our new music with the millions of viewers who will tune-in to see if someone wins that billion dollar prize."

Destiny's Child has been largely inactive since 2002. Last summer brought the release of Knowles' solo debut, "Dangerously in Love," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200. Kelly Rowland also released a solo set, "Simply Deep," while Michelle Williams offered up 2002's "Heart to Yours" and last year's "Do You Know," all through Columbia.

The new album will be Destiny's Child's follow-up to 2001's "Survivor," which also hit No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and featured the No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 singles "Bootylicious" and "Independent Women Pt. 1."

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Woohoo! I'm celebrating with ya, Siso I hope that they all do more solo work, though; I enjoy them together and I enjoy them apart

I am excited, I like their material as a group.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Boredom
    Woohoo! I'm celebrating with ya, Siso I hope that they all do more solo work, though; I enjoy them together and I enjoy them apart
    I agree the solo albums are phenomonal as well, but the magic these three ladies make when there together is, I can't quite think of a word for it, but it makes me happy

I'm very excited as well.. I loved Dangerously In Love, and I liked a few songs off of Simply Deep, but the fact that these 3 can do their own individual solo projects, and still work together as an amazing group.. well.. I'm looking forward to what they come up with.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I'm very excited as well.. I loved Dangerously In Love, and I liked a few songs off of Simply Deep, but the fact that these 3 can do their own individual solo projects, and still work together as an amazing group.. well.. I'm looking forward to what they come up with.
    I agree, it's amazing there still together strong, not like some other gruops *cough*N'Sync*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    I agree, it's amazing there still together strong, not like some other gruops *cough*N'Sync*cough*
    I ditto that. I love Beyonce.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

I'm looking forward to their comeback CD, The Writing's On The Wall is one of my favorite CD's. I was disappointed with the Survivor CD though, I thought they sold out and went to pop! Personally I prefer them as a group, I liked a lot of their solo singles but as entire albums, I was very disappointed, Dangerously In Love had only 7 or 8 good songs out of 19. Nothing against Michelle but their best music was with LaToya and LaTavia, I loved the group back then and those two (and also Farrah!) had a much sassier vibe which I loved!

Have you guys heard her new song, 'Lose my Breath?'

Very good!

I don't like it. But then, I don't really like Destiny's Child either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast