+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds Engaged

Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds Engaged

Alanis Morissette, Ryan Reynolds Engaged

Jun 15, 4:23 PM EST

The Associated Press

Isn't it ironic? Alanis Morissette, who made her name with poignant, angry songs about wrecked relationships, is engaged.

The 30-year-old singer says her boyfriend, actor Ryan Reynolds, has asked her to marry him, according to Us Weekly magazine. The couple hasn't set a date yet.

Morissette and the star of the movie "National Lampoon's Van Wilder" started dating by e-mail two years ago.

"I knew early on that he was someone I could spend the rest of my life with," she told the magazine for its June 28 issue.

"I just feel like we're family and we're on this journey of evolving together. He's courageous, he'll talk about anything, he takes responsibility, he's just unbelievable."

Reynolds, 27, flew to Ottawa to ask Morissette's parents for permission to propose to her which the singer didn't know about. He also helped design her 2.5 carat emerald-cut platinum ring, and got down on one knee to give it to her.

"We were at home," she said. "It was very simple, pure and sweet and shocking!"

Morissette, whose songs include "Ironic" and "You Oughta Know," has won several Grammys, including album of the year for 1995's "Jagged Little Pill."

Ummm....

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I liked this two as a couple, so I'm happy for them !

Ryan Reynolds is off the market.*sigh*

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I never liked Alanis, but I loved Van Wilder. So I mixed on this I guess I am happy for them. But I wouldn't call "dating by e-mail" actually dating.

FORT Fogey
    On a seperate note, I miss the angry Alanis of the "Jagged Little Pill" days. The "worldly, metaphysical" Alanis is a touch on the boring side and the edge is missing from her music the last couple of albums. IMHO.

Not that I would wish bad on the relationship, but if it were to fail, she might have great album material in its wake.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    She started out as a dance- disco diva. Maybe shes going to go full circle now that she has no more angst.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I love Alanis, but I have no clue who Ryan Reynolds is.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Just googled Ryan. Dayum, he's cute.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    She started out as a dance- disco diva. Maybe shes going to go full circle now that she has no more angst.
    Yeah they could form a duet "The Captain & Alaniseale" and play lounge music and light pop favorites.

I agree with Daddio and Eny, bring back the disco or angry Alanis, not the current one.

Ryan Reynolds was one of my celebrity crushes way back when he played Berg in "Two guys, a girl and a pizza place."

I guess they are one of the most famous Canadian couples now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast