+ Reply to Thread

Thread: George Michael

George Michael

Did anyone else see George Michael on Oprah? Wow! What a great interview. That man is really smart. My husband bought his new album a couple of weeks ago and I haven't really listened to it much. Now, I have to listen to it. He looked so good (his boyfriend is hot too) and he was just amazing. The love I had for him when "Faith" came out has now resurfaced.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    evalaruefan, glad to hear you like George Michael. Check out his last studio album "Patience" before he releases songs online for free following that.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomaster
    evalaruefan, glad to hear you like George Michael. Check out his last studio album "Patience" before he releases songs online for free following that.

We have the album "Patience", that's the one I need to start listening too.

I saw it,taped it and watched it again with my husband when he got home.

I agree,great interview.
    He's such and intelligent guy and I love his voice.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I have always liked George Michael. I loved that he realized he was mainly eye candy (with a great voice) and never took himself too seriously.

It is a shame that once his troubles with the police became public his career took such a nose-dive.

It just goes to prove that no-matter how often people say they are open minded to "alternative lifestyles" in public to be PC - in private they may indeed choose to turn their back on a pop idol when they realize they are openly gay.

You hear so many rumours and speculation about other music stars, actors, actresses, athletes being closeted gay. Well can you blame them when they see how others who have had the strength of their convictions to come-out were accepted?

Some performers like Elton John and Melissa Etheridge, the Indigo Girls etc. can be openly gay and political with their beliefs because they appeal to a different, more cerebral type of audience.

But pop-stars, mainstream actors/actresses and in particular athletes - are really behind the 8 ball because their biggest fan base is so mainstream.

I saw it, too. I was a kid when Faith and all that was out but I love those songs. I can't get Father Figure out of my head since yesterday. He seems like a cool guy, though.

+ Reply to Thread