+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cosby Show Jazz

Cosby Show Jazz

Ok...I'm going to throw this out here...and see if anyone has an answer. There is an episode of the old COSBY SHOW...(Nick at Nite) that has some music I'm trying to locate. The episode is #120 entitled Birthday Blues. At the very end of the show...Cliff and Clair are eating some sort of strawberry cream cake..and there is a really mellow jazz tune playing in the background. Any ideas on the name of the tune? It is NOT In a Sentimental Mood by John Coltrane/Duke Ellington. I have that.

All you jazz buffs who may have heard that song let me hear from you. I have turned the internet upside down and no one seems to know the name of the tune. There are lots of people looking for it. Many thanx!

....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Fogey
    Hi Jupiter,

I hope someone can answer this for you. I wish I could help.

I know that Bill Cosby was very proud of the fact that he was able to use "The Cosby Show" not only to promote family values and to show minority families in a much better light than TV had in the past, but also a vehicle to bring to light famous black people throughout history besides athletes and hip hop stars - such civil rights activitists, politicians, scientists and jazz musicians. I bet he would love for you to have the answer so that you could be exposed to the wonderful music.

You might be able to find the answer by reasearching individual episodes and viewing the credits. Often times they will show musical credits.

Have .wave File Of Cosby Show Music

Ok fellow readers...I have a short .wav file of the song for which I am seeking a title. If any of you would let me email it to you to see if you can identify it...I'd appreciate it. PM or email me. Many thanx...

FORT Newbie

Just checking.

Jupiter,
    I tried emailing you but didn't get a reply. I was wondering if you ever found out the name of that song in the Cosby Show episode "Birthday Blues." I've also been looking for that song for a long time. It's also in the episode "Clair's Toe" (Smooth Contest). Anyway I was just checking and I'm still searching. Thanks,

~Bryan

I'm still hanging in there for the identity of this song....any ideas anyone??

+ Reply to Thread