+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britney gets the Boot from Pepsi

Part of Britney's problem is she lost her core audience. I'm the mom of what used to be her two biggest fans, they had a bunch of their friends over and were playing some of her songs on cd. And they started talking about how awful she dressed and how "nasty" she was. These little girls were just shocked. They can't watch her videos because their parents don't let them and what they do see they don't like. Now, I'm sure she could have lost the preteen and young teens fast anyway but it seems like she went out of her way to be seen as "adult" fare, when she really isn't.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Hasn't Shakira been doing Pepsi ads for about a year now? I can't remember the last Brit commercial I saw.

BTW, the Coke thing happens all the time. It's just a cultural difference that many people are unaware of. Everybody from the south calls all colas "coke". Pop, soda, cola, etc are the popular names for it in other parts of America. So whenever she asks for a generic coke, she gets a Coke. Sounds dumb I know, but that's just the way they talk down there.

Originally posted by JR.
    Pepsi can hear the clock ticking and they know her 15 minutes are almost up. She'll soon take her place on the Debbie Gibson/Tiffany pile.
    Hey!

Debbie Gibson was pretty darn cute... don't bring her down by throwing Britney in...

I heard that Pepsi was unhappy with how quickly Britney aging in the commercials...

...you know... 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I agree Nancy.
    I know many parents who will not let their children watch Britney videos or concerts.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Pepsi sucks.

All I have to say is
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12