+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10 Greatest Rappers of all Times

Just curious, why did you say "excluding Tupac?" Tupac is the best, in my opinion.

'Changes' is one of my favorite songs. Love it.

I think that was put because Tupac is a given. Anyone who knows Rap knows Tupac and would automatically be on their list.

My list of 10 would only include East Coast rappers. Toss up any 10 and it would more than likely be a viable choice.

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    excluding Biggie and Tupac... didn't catch that.. BAH, I'm not changing my list

FORT Newbie
    Snowflakegirl has the best list of all, all these other rappers are nothing but phony money driven fools. I would add Mr. lif, People Under the Stairs, and maybe insight.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I think that was put because Tupac is a given. Anyone who knows Rap knows Tupac and would automatically be on their list.
    exactly! Thanks Clipse!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    In no particular order:
    Wu-Tang Clan
    NAS
    De La Soul
    Public Enemy
    NWA
    Boogie Down Productions
    Big Daddy Kane
    EPMD
    Eric B. & Rakim
    Fugees

Sorry my list is mostly groups.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by duhe420
    Snowflakegirl has the best list of all, all these other rappers are nothing but phony money driven fools. I would add Mr. lif, People Under the Stairs, and maybe insight.
    im not huge on underground rap, but I dont doubt that these rappers have skills (Supernatural is prob the dopest battler I've heard), many that would top even the mainstream rappers skillwise......but with a lot of the old school rappers Im not so sure if they were in it for the money I mean back in the day there wasn't much money in rap....e.g. Rakim, KRS-One, Gangstarr, etc etc, yeah they got paid but not as much as rappers nowadays
    Last edited by Mminem; 06-09-2004 at 02:28 AM.

FORT Newbie
    ya you gotta point i just hate seeing names like eminem and busta ryhmes, or missy elliot, nelly, lil' john, 50 cent or dmx. The old school rules!! Don't forget tribe called quest, afu-ra, jedi mind tricks

Oh manÖ.I can't believe I found this thread at the FORT. Me and my boys that I grew up with used to debate our top 10ís for hours and hours. I had to break it down into 2 categories, w/ my favorite line from each one- you get an extra point if you can guess the song

Street MCs:
    1. Nas (Streetís disciple, my raps are trifle, I shoot slugs from the brain just like a rifle)
    2. Big L (And when it comes to gettin nookie Iím not a rookie, I got girls that make that chick Toni Braxton look like Whoopi)
    3. Prodigy (You hooked on Mobb-phonics, Infamous-bonics, lyin to the pop dog like you got it)
    4. GZA (To check fault in oneself is pure loveliness, you break the mirror that remind you of your ugliness)
    5. Ras Kass (I want a woman with the body of a whore and a personality like Lauryn)
    6. Biggie Smalls (I can hear sweat tricklin down your cheek, your heartbeat sound like Sasquatch feet)
    7. Rakim (Switch to southpaw, split your right jaw, cause I donít like yíall, Iím hype when night fall)
    8. Kool G Rap (I grip up hips and zip up lips, step on reps, you flip and want to sip on my tip)
    9. Scarface (I often drift while I drive, havin fatal thoughts of suicide)
    10. Raekwon (Call me the rap assassinator, rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger)

Conscious MCs:
    1. Common (The blunted eyes of the youth search for a guide, a thug is a lost man in disguise)
    2. Talib Kweli (Livin my life expressin my liberty, it gotta be done properly, my name is in the middle of e-Kweli-ty)
    3. Andre Benjamin (United States givin out milk and cheese to pacify, Iím sure they got a cure for AIDS but yet itís classified)
    4. Mos Def (The shiny Apple is bruised but sweet, and if you choose to eat, you could lose your teeth)
    5. Black Thought (My complex pattern of speech is like sex, I mastered the art of makin you snap the necks, and Chase Manhattan endorse my mic checks)
    6. Pharoahe Monch (Sendin em back, lettin em know that minimum wage is, subliminally befriendin them for criminal ac-tivity)
    7. J-Live (You got two ears two eyes and just one mouth, so look and listen both over before you talk)
    8. Q-Tip (Industry rule number four thousand and eighty, record company people are shady)
    9. Guru (Sportin caps pulled low and baggy slacks, subtractin all the wack rappers who lack over Premierís tracks)
    10. Posdanous (Gun control means using both hands in my land, where itís all about the cautious livin)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast