+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10 Greatest Rappers of all Times

Good list, Tallu!

Because I love underground hip hop, I would also add MCs like Gift of Gab, Charlie 2na, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Del the Funky Homosapien, the crew from Pharcyde, The Roots, Dilated Peoples, Freestyle Fellowship, Slum Village, etc...
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

EMINEM
    JAY Z
    LL COOL J
    MIKE from LINKIN PARK*
    50 CENT
    LUDACRIS
    DMX
    TUPAC
    ICE CUBE
    SNOOP DOGG

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Good list, Tallu!

Because I love underground hip hop, I would also add MCs like Gift of Gab, Charlie 2na, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Del the Funky Homosapien, the crew from Pharcyde, The Roots, Dilated Peoples, Freestyle Fellowship, Slum Village, etc...

SFG, I love underground hiphop!!! Im really into Dilated Peoples right now!
    The Roots "Phrenology"album is one of the best. I like Nappy ROots too.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    there was a time I liked Eminem, but then I decided to stop listening cause I realized he is a moron.
    Moron?
    I think he's juvenile, homophobic and misogynistic, but I also think he's brilliant. He reminds me of a beat poet, albeit a savage one with a giant chip on his shoulder.
    I understand the criticism, though. Because for every inventive rhyme and insightful lyric, another follows that's hackneyed and boorish.
    When he grows up as an artist and a man he's probably going to be one the most influential artists of his time.
    (That, or he'll be 40 on the porch telling stories, with a bottle of Jack, two grandkids on his lap, babysittin' for Hailie while Hailie's out gettin' smashed.)
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

This will be the only time I ever mention this (and I may even delete this later), but when one of our green members sent me their check, they included a compilation of various Eminem songs on a CD, urging me to give it a listen. I did, and it has become a regular part of my collection.

I wouldn't claim to enjoy his message, but I think he's a very talented young man in the way he can put his "raps" together.

That said, I absolutely hate rap music.

John...an Eminem fan?

If you delete your post, you have to delete mine too, so I don't look like a complete lunatic. Who'd believe it?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

...John pulls out his Official © Men In Black flashy-thing...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    This will be the only time I ever mention this (and I may even delete this later), but when one of our green members sent me their check, they included a compilation of various Eminem songs on a CD, urging me to give it a listen. I did, and it has become a regular part of my collection.

I wouldn't claim to enjoy his message, but I think he's a very talented young man in the way he can put his "raps" together.

That said, I absolutely hate rap music.
    No way. He's sucked you in as well. My husband and I were happy living life as rap music dislikers when suddenly he decides he likes Eminem for the same reasons you do. What is it with that guy?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by John
    ...John pulls out his Official © Men In Black flashy-thing...
    Ha! Too late!! *holds up special ninja turtle shield*

Okay, have to admit that I bopped in here purely because I saw the title of this thread with Star's little name listed and I thought, "what the hay"? STAR? Rap??

Okay, now problem solved. BUT JOHN? John? My heavy metal dude? Into RAP? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

The blinding light didn't help me.

That said, Eminem is "ok". <-- *she says generously*

I prefer to spell it "M&M", just for ease, 'cause dudes, I'm totally typing that name all....the....time. Okay not really. But really, I'd like to spell it that way because it would probably p*ss him off, and he seems to be the type that needs p*ssing off and/or poking with a stick. He takes himself, "the Marsh" too seriously. And yes, "the Marsh" would be another name I'm sure he'd hate. Anyone ever see Weird Al's VH-1 fake interview special btw?

Back on topic: I like almost every genre of music, so I guess I could toss a name into the pile: Fabulous. But I don't know if I like him so much as I like the particular melodies in the songs he raps to. "So into you" by Tamia, and "4ever" by Li'l Mo.

I think I actually prefer some female rappers, excluding Missy E. But I liked the late Left Eye Lopez (of TLC) and there's a new band named Miss-Teeq where one of the women does a great rap over the song.

And Tesla rules!! <-------------gift to John
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'm not sure Eminem would hate being called "M&M", since the inside artwork of one of his CD's has a caricature of his facial features on an M&M guy. (I only know that because the person who sent me the CD was kind enough to print a CD cover case as well, and NOT because I own more than one of his CD's)

Now, why isn't this flashy-thing working? I need new batteries. Anyone have a couple of AAA's?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast