+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2969707172737475767778798081 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Well, what happened, Little Sew&Sew? Did you get the tickets? I was thinking of you last Saturday b/c my husband's aunt and uncle were celebrating milestone birthdays and thought they were going to a Keith Urban concert. They are big country music fans. At the venue where the party was being held, we all had blown-up photos of Keith Urban on a stick. We held them up in front of our faces and yelled "surprise" when the guests of honor walked in. We told them we hoped it wasn't a disappointment that there was no concert.

Journey is coming this summer to a venue not too far from here! Would love to see them again.
    Little Sew&Sew and tapper01 like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, what happened, Little Sew&Sew? Did you get the tickets? I was thinking of you last Saturday b/c my husband's aunt and uncle were celebrating milestone birthdays and thought they were going to a Keith Urban concert. They are big country music fans. At the venue where the party was being held, we all had blown-up photos of Keith Urban on a stick. We held them up in front of our faces and yelled "surprise" when the guests of honor walked in. We told them we hoped it wasn't a disappointment that there was no concert.

LOL! That sounds like it was a fun party.

I did end up getting really good seats. Not "great", but really good. I had NO luck at all trying while I was at home in the morning. The mobile app and the radio presale both kept offering me seats in the second section. Now, the seats there are okay, but I was all pumped and primed to $pend $ome ca$h for these tickets. I wanted (no, NEEDED) to be closer. Hubby and I decided to head to lunch and while we were waiting on the check to come, I thought, why not try again. Ended up getting 6th row/right in the section closest to the stage AFTER the "pit". I wasn't willing to try the pit anyway as I'm short and would likely be behind some freakishly tall person wearing a cowboy hat.

They prices were very very reasonable considering what other artists are charging for that same venue. Keith Urban just got a little more perfect in my eyes.

I'll keep checking closer to the concert date (mid-August) to see if maybe something in the center section becomes available. I'm confident I could sell the ones I currently have. The entire front three sections are marked as "sold out" right now but I know the venue, the ticket brokers and even the artist sometimes hold a few seats and release them closer to the date.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Journey is coming this summer to a venue not too far from here! Would love to see them again.
    We saw them last year with Foreigner and they were great. They are coming to the same venue again this year, but their ticket prices are CRAZY! I'm willing to wait to see them discounted - they aren't selling particularly well right now. The presales started on November 22nd and there are 7th row Orchestra seats that are still available (for $217 EACH!)

If you compare the two (Keith Urban and Journey), the price difference makes the Journey tickets more than twice the price ($157) to get into the same seating section. Now, I do LIKE Journey, but I will NOT pay more to see them than I would to see KU. I just might end up sitting in the grass this time around if prices don't start dropping.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Your venue sounds a lot like ours, Little Sew&Sew! We have places on the lawn people can sit if they choose, or if tickets under the pavilion run out. I will have to check out prices for the Journey concert. I really like Journey..we'll see.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FARM AID is coming to Raleigh, NC! I'm so excited. All of the founding fathers will perform, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, John Mellencamp and Dave Matthews. There will also be others.

RALEIGH: Farm Aid concert coming to Raleigh in September | On the Beat Blog | NewsObserver.com

I really want to attend this. I LOVE Neil Young. What a man.

I can't understand why they are having this at the Creek though. That venue is not nearly large enough. Makes me wonder.
    football_chick likes this.

Here's another one I would LOVE to attend. Sarah McLachlan is touring for the first time in years! She has a new album. She's such a talent. I used to love her back in the 90's.

Sarah McLachlan on parenting, sex and 'having it all' - CNN.com

Next week we are going to see Rod Stewart with Santana
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

What fun! Love them both! Rod puts on quite a show. He performs like it's the last concert he will ever do. Great fun. At least that's how he used to be. I haven't seen him in ages, but I bet he's still got it.

I've seen Santana once. It was a good show. It was during the time that he had that very popular song out with Rob Thomas....Smooth, I think was the name of it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What fun! Love them both! Rod puts on quite a show. He performs like it's the last concert he will ever do. Great fun. At least that's how he used to be. I haven't seen him in ages, but I bet he's still got it.

I've seen Santana once. It was a good show. It was during the time that he had that very popular song out with Rob Thomas....Smooth, I think was the name of it.
    We saw Rod a couple of years ago , the guy is ageless and it was a great concert..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Have fun Fanny Mare!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread