+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Last night I went to an outdoor concert featuring former AI contestants. I didn't have any expectations other than a nice night out but was pleasantly surprised. I knew at least I'd enjoy Melinda Doolittle, who didn't disappoint. The rest of the line-up included Anwar Robinson ( who has lost his signature dreads), Gina Glocksen (who was fantastic, btw), Alexis Grace (another surprise) and my least favorite, Michael Sarver, (not as bad as I thought he would be.) It was basically a Motown reveue and there were group numbers as well as solos. Melinda sang a song from her CD, as well as Michael. Anwar also sang a beautiful song named "Push", which I believe he said he wrote. Anyway, it was sprinkling throughout the concert and towards the end it really started to come down so the concert was cut short. The group was kind enough to take photos with their fans in the rain. I took the opportunity to purchase Melinda's CD, which I had wanted to do for a while. I got a chance to speak with her, and she signed my CD and took a photo with me. I told her that even though Elliott Yamin will always be my favorite American Idol ever, that she was my second favorite, and favorite female Idol. She laughed and said that that was okay b/c Elliott was her favorite as well. All in all an enjoyable night, even if I did come home fairly wet!
    chrisg likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I ordered tickets for Duran Duran's show in October. I've been waiting to see them live forever, so I figure a bus will run me down or something between now and then.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Going out tomorrow night for a Girl's Night Out - with my darling daughter. Have tickets to see Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger. Not all that interested in Night Ranger, and only sort of looking forward to Foreigner, but you can bet I will definitely be singing along with Journey!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hope you have a great time, Little Sew&Sew!

Thanks ECM. We had a great time.

Missed seeing Night Ranger (intentionally), but we saw all but one song sung by Foreigner (man, can they still move!) and all of Journey (with your eyes closed, it's like Steve Perry is still there).

I'm not a big fan of Journey's newer stuff (although I like After All These Years) so I was looking forward to hearing the classics (Don't Stop Believing, Faithfully, and Open Arms in particular). Except for the pace of those originals, I wasn't disappointed. Too much new stuff in between. During one song (with so much lead guitar noise the words were almost indistinguishable) I took time to watch the rest of the crowd (and boy, was there a crowd!). Most of them were in the same age category as me and most of them were sitting, as I was, quite still and waiting for the song to end. However, we you heard the first few notes of a beloved tune from 30 years ago, the crowd ROARED with approval.

Our seats (won on a local radio station) were not great so I don't have any good pics to post. The view might not have been stellar, but the volume from where we were sitting was plenty loud enough.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I ordered tickets for Duran Duran's show in October. I've been waiting to see them live forever, so I figure a bus will run me down or something between now and then.
    I'm going to see Duran Duran as well in October! I was thinking of busting out my Duran Duran purse from high school. It's 25 years old but still in good condition

Rascal Flatts with Sara Evans but not until Jan 21st. Got my tickets yesterday. Love me some Sara Evans! ♥

Collin Raye November 1st! Can't wait!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    PhoneGrrrl - Did you go yet? I saw them last night and they were awesome! They sang about 6 songs off the new album and the rest was all the songs we know and love. John Taylor still has his killer smile

JOSH GROBAN - one week from today - and thanks to my special friend Buttons, I'll be sitting in Row 2 instead of Row 13! I cannot even begin to express how excited I am.

+ Reply to Thread