+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

First of all - Debb, lucky you! I saw Robert Plant back in the '80's when he had put out his first couple of solo albums. As a teen Led Zeppelin were like gods to me, so seeing him was like a religious experience. Love his new work, too.

I've gone to see Henry Rollins' spoken-word shows in our city's upscale venue. Henry is not at all "upscale" but his spoken-word tours are best seen in small venues with good acoustics. I just wear whatever I would normally wear to a concert - jeans, boots, tee. It really depends on the artist more than the venue. I would go with your usual concert-going attire.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4161837;
    First of all - Debb, lucky you! I saw Robert Plant back in the '80's when he had put out his first couple of solo albums. As a teen Led Zeppelin were like gods to me, so seeing him was like a religious experience. Love his new work, too.

I've gone to see Henry Rollins' spoken-word shows in our city's upscale venue. Henry is not at all "upscale" but his spoken-word tours are best seen in small venues with good acoustics. I just wear whatever I would normally wear to a concert - jeans, boots, tee. It really depends on the artist more than the venue. I would go with your usual concert-going attire.
    Thanks for your input. I have been a Plant/Zeppelin fan only since the mid
    90's when he and Jimmy reunited for the No Quarter tour. I saw them in Madison Square Garden. (Third row.) It was a religious experience. LOL I've never seen anything like it. New Yorkers know how to throw some love up to that stage for performers who are playing their hearts out. It was like a big family. (Philly too.)

I just love a small venue though. I expect this to be sort of like Austin City Limits or Soundstage. Any suggestions for what type of camera I should get? I hope to get some good shots.

I would love to go see this.

The Midland Theatre-Arlo Guthrie

Born with a guitar in one hand and harmonica in the other, eldest son of Woody Guthrie, folk legend Arlo Guthrie is an artist of international stature. A natural-born storyteller, Arlo mixes tales and anecdotes with iconic hits like The Motor Cycle Song and Alice’s Restaurant, which helped foster a new commitment among the '60s generation to social consciousness and activism. Winning a wide, popular following, Arlo has been touring internationally over the last four decades.

I went to see Robert Plant and the Band of Joy Wednesday night! It was GREAT! I have seen Robert several times, but this was quite special. I was not only surprised that I enjoyed Robert doing new music, but the Band of Joy was great too. Patty Griffin, noted songwriter, sang backup. What a show. The crowd went wild. It was such a treat. I had killer seats, not that we sat. We danced all the way through. Here's a link.

On the Beat: David Menconi on music - Robert Plant plays Raleigh | newsobserver.com blogs

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I'm going to see Bon Jovi tomorrow night with about 15 girls from work. We are getting a party bus! Woo!
    Wake up and be awesome

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Finally got my Keith Urban tickets for the concert nearest me (end of July). Not GREAT seats, but I'm pleased with 13th row, center section.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I saw Bryan Adams in concert a few hours ago and was lucky enough to meet him after the show and get his autograph with other fans who were freezing along with me.

Run to the Bare Bones tour if you get the chance.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

My sister and I are going to see the Glee tour when it comes to California next month!

I grabbed tickets today to see the Tragically Hip in my hometown Canada Day weekend - woot!

I'm going to see Bret Michaels on Wed!!!

+ Reply to Thread