+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3693310;
    Going to see Pink in a couple weeks.
    I've never seen one of Pink's shows. Be sure to tell us about it - I'm sure she puts on quite a performance! And have fun, too!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3678683;
    Just saw Pearl Jam Sunday and Monday night at two packed (20K) shows at the United Center in Chicago. Bad Religion opened for them on both nights and I loved them in all their old school punk glory. They're not really arena masters but I felt they held their own..........
    Interesting -- I saw Pearl Jam at Soldier Field in '95 and who do you think was the opening act way back then? Bad Religion of course. I'm not usually a fan of stadium concerts but that one was fantastic, almost surreal. (probably something to do with being on my feet for 8 hours with 50,000 of my closest friends)
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Last week I caught Travis Howard, from the first season of Nashville Star, and Austin Hanks in concert. It was a great show from two people that I had never even heard of before the concert.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by brusch;3699167;
    Interesting -- I saw Pearl Jam at Soldier Field in '95 and who do you think was the opening act way back then? Bad Religion of course. I'm not usually a fan of stadium concerts but that one was fantastic, almost surreal. (probably something to do with being on my feet for 8 hours with 50,000 of my closest friends)
    I have that boot and listen to it every once in a while; it's just such an iconic concert and I love how raw they sounded compared to post-No Code PJ. Unfortunately, I couldn't go to it which is one of my biggest regrets to this day. But one day I'll build a time machine and...

Bad Religion were awesome on both nights and they talked about that last time they opened for Pearl Jam and how it all came full circle with this being BR's 30th year as a band.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Kid Rock was awesome again in Vegas. Some girl in the audience held a sign up saying "It's my 21st Birthday, Can I Have a Kiss?" - and Kid Rock said "What the hell, we have time." And he jumped down off the stage into the crowd and gave her a kiss. It was so cute. Best 21st birthday for her.

Hmmmm....why didn't I think of that?

MRD

Going to see Skynyrd in Oct. I'm psyched.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3708154;
    Skynyrd was awesome this summer - I saw them a couple of times ....and they were as good as ever. The only thing that really bothered me.....am I the only one who knows how to yell "FREEBIRD" anymore? *sigh* Kids these days.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3708154;
    I had a chance to see Skynyrd two weeks before the release of their first album. The were opening for the Who on the Quadrophenia tour. No one had any idea who they were, but they sure remembered them after Freebird.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3709325;
    I had a chance to see Skynyrd two weeks before the release of their first album. The were opening for the Who on the Quadrophenia tour. No one had any idea who they were, but they sure remembered them after Freebird.
    I bet they did. I felt that way when I first saw Molly Hatchet. Didn't know who they were, saw them open for Charlie Daniels and bought their 8 track the next day.

I never have seen Skynyrd. The plane crash happened when I was a sophomore in HS. I did see the brief incarnation as Rossington-Collins back in the early 80's and I"ve seen 38 Special a couple times with brother Donnie. I actually met Johnny once a long, long time ago at a party in Jacksonville before he was anything other than Ronnie and Donnie's brother.
    It's kind of bittersweet, because this isn't really Skynyrd, the only original member left in the band is Rossington.
    But I have always been a huge Skynyrd fan and the opportunity has never arisen to go see them before. I find it kind of weird that I'm going to be seeing them in Greenville, SC which is the last concert they played as the original Skynyrd. And the airport their plane took off from is less than a mile from my house.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3693927;
    I've never seen one of Pink's shows. Be sure to tell us about it - I'm sure she puts on quite a performance! And have fun, too!
    Just got home a little while ago...freaking fantastic concert! It was circus/funhouse themed with acrobats, trapeze, mirrors, and more. Pink herself sang Sober while flying around on the trapeze. She sang a few other songs while suspended in the air...upside down and/or spinning. It was fast paced with lots of energy and several funky costumes. She put on one hell of a show...one of the best I've ever seen!!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread