+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Glad you get to see yet another of KR's shows, J.D.!! Enjoy it with your daughter! I'm sure you will.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

last nights combo concert with Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago was the BEST ever. The talent on that stage was amazing and the energy was so great. Both bands played all their great and did a set together with both bands palying at the same time.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I've seen Chicago twice in concert (once at a private function and once at an outdoor concert) and they were fantastic both times! I even managed to get a guitar pick for my fella and it now sits proudly in a frame on his desk!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

I am going to a George Strait concert in Texas in September. I am so happy I could pee!!

Just saw Pearl Jam Sunday and Monday night at two packed (20K) shows at the United Center in Chicago. Bad Religion opened for them on both nights and I loved them in all their old school punk glory. They're not really arena masters but I felt they held their own.

Pearl Jam, who are at home whether they're playing the tiny Vic theater or a mega arena, were simply phenomenal. This is nothing new as I've seen them many times and I knew to expect excellence, but they've topped themselves this time, especially on Monday night. They played 48 distinct songs during these two nights and another 8 that were repeats, with many rarities among them, in other words, stuff the hardcore fans love; catering to the casual fan has never been their priority. The alternative radio staple hits that everyone knows - Alive, Even Flow, Yellow Ledbetter etc. - were kept at a discreet minimum but still rocked hard for everyone, even people who got stuck at the Ten hits back in the day. No silly, boring, fixed setlists delivered like a job for an entire tour or over-the-top theatrics and flashy stage accoutrements for this band. None are needed. The energy in the house was off-the-charts and I loved every minute of both nights!

Spin Magazine review of the 8/24/09 Chicago show:
    Pearl Jam Tour, Night 3: Brilliant Set | Spin Magazine Online
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I haven't been to a concert in probably 8 years, but I went and saw Jason Mraz with my Twin. K'Naan & G-Love with Special Sauce opened. It was a great concert. My twin wisely suggested the foam earplugs. I would have been miserable without them. I've got sensitive ears, don't ya know.

It's not technically a concert, but I'm going to see Lisa Lampanelli when she comes to Seattle this November. I also am hoping to get tickets to see Jeff Dunham because he's coming to the Seattle area in November-two days before, as a matter of fact. If Ron White came back to the area, I would have my comedy trifecta.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

MRD

Robert Earl Keen in Nov.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Going to see Pink in a couple weeks.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3693310;
    Going to see Pink in a couple weeks.
    Take me with?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread