+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 79 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3593846;
    I didn't know you were going to KR!! I was there Friday night. I loved Lynyrd Skynrd, but I would have loved to have seen Alice in Chains, too. I have to yammer more about the KR show - but I'm exhausted from the weekend and can barely think. I can say - this was definitely the best KR show I've ever seen, and I've seen about 15 of them (last count).
    This was only my 4th - I have a few to go to catch up to you J.D.

I find that he always puts on an amazing show but I agree that the Comerica Park concerts were definitely something special. I have yet to see him somewhere other than Michigan but I like to think that he delivers a little something extra for the hometown crowd!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl;3596217;
    This was only my 4th - I have a few to go to catch up to you J.D.

I find that he always puts on an amazing show but I agree that the Comerica Park concerts were definitely something special. I have yet to see him somewhere other than Michigan but I like to think that he delivers a little something extra for the hometown crowd!
    I've seen him everywhere from LA, SanFran, Utah, Colorado....and many other assorted states and cities - but most of the shows I've seen have been in Vegas. I've never seen a guy, or an entire band, for that matter, have so much fun on stage. Wouldn't it be great to go to work and have that much fun! I love how so many of the songs are like sing-a-longs - like Picture and Cowboy. That's always fun.

You are definitely right - he did put on an exceptional show for the D. Since I've been chasing him around the country for several years, I decided it might be time to retire my wifebeater and fedora and move on - and that's how I ended up in Detroit - what better way to end things with a bang. Oh, and the fireworks, too!

We were lucky enough to get VIP seats, section F - front row - right at the end of the catwalk! It just doesn't get any better. Did you try the beer? It was okay, but I don't think I'd drink it regularly.

I tell everyone, even if you don't particularly care for Kid Rock in general, he puts on such a great show it's worth seeing.

I'm going to a first -time ever Aerosmith concert in September. They're one band I have always wanted to see.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Angel - I know you will love Aerosmith. It's been a few years since I've seen them, but they sure know how to put on a show - and Steven Tyler can take over a stage like nobody's business!

I know I posted some of this above, but I left out a bunch of the details. And it's probably only interesting to me, anyway, but...

Warning: I use the words "fun" and "awesome" way too often. Please forgive me - my brain is still in Detroit and apparently drinking Bad Ass Beer.

I've checked out some of the videos on You Tube, but none of them even come close to capturing the show - not the music, the performance and not that beautiful diamond studded belt buckle holding up KR's baggy pants.

I went with my daughter (she's 29 - so no need to call CPS!) and we both had a ball. I was waiting for her to send me some of the pictures we took before posting this, but they haven't arrived yet. We saw KR on Friday, July 17 - and Lynyrd Skynyrd opened. Well, actually a local band opened, but there was so much other hubub going on we could barely even hear them.

The show opened with the National Anthem - who does that anymore? The crowd loved it and it set a perfect tone - we love the USA!

Comerica stadium is huge (I believe Kid Rock bought the place a few months ago) - and we got there when it was relatively empty - it seemed that no way would it fill up. But the last I read, 40,000 people showed up both nights. Skynyrd was good, but barely worth mentioning compared to KR. (And does no one yell "Free Bird" anymore? I think I was the only one.) I've seen KR mostly in small shows - I've only been to a couple of the bigger ones. (Approx 15 in all.) But this was insane! It started out cold and rainy - so there went the hours-long hairdos and makeup! The cameras did a sweep of the crowd in the rain - which had by then turned into a wet t-shirt contest, so Jess and I did our best soggy parade wave on the jumbotron. The stadium filled up so fast - and it was all orderly - no fights or drunken idiots being dragged out. Of course we always get the guys who think they look just like Kid Rock, they show up in wifebeaters, Detroit caps with the long hair flowing and those famous sunglasses. We get it dude - you like the strippers.

Jess and I had the best seats ever - VIP, front row at the end of the cat walk. Watching KR and TBT (Twisted Brown Truckers - his band) and their energy is just crazy awesome. You can tell they LOVE their jobs and love sharing what they do with the crowd. It was great when the lights would go up and we could turn around and see 40,000 fans all cheering and having a great time. Even though KR owned the stage, the show wasn't all about him. They played covers from different bands and genres - and even a respectful tribute to Michael Jackson.

Some of the songs were like sing-a-longs - and the whole crowd played along, as did the band. Of course Picture and Cowboy were the biggest. KR has taught himself every instrument - and played them all. I think my favorite was when he played the turntables - it was fun at first, then he climbed up on top and was spinning tunes on top of the tables, hopped down, poured himself a shot and lit a cigar without missing a beat! Even more fun! (In any other setting that would be tacky, but you'd think by the applause he had cured hunger and saved a third-world country!)

It's been eons since I've seen a show with lasers - but of course he brought out the big guns. Lasers, pyros, and don't forget the fireworks! What great show doesn't end with massive fireworks!

We stayed for the Saturday festivities, too. We wore our VIP laminates all over town and met so many great people. We didn't meet one person who wasn't happy to be there. We did the requisite visit to Chelio's - which is thee hoppin' place to party. And party we did.

I went to the Smooth Jazz festival today; a local winery has a summer concert series where they bring in some top artists to play to an ampitheatre crowd in the thousands. Well today they had four jazz musicians/groups (mostly instrumental, and lots of trumpets and sax and guitar), but they also have Pink Martini, John Legend, Gipsy Kings, and other groups/singers coming this year. (I've seen Harry Belafonte, Chicago, Peter Paul & Mary, and Manhattan Transfer there in years past) My dad is not only a member of their wine club, but he's in the wine biz and has connections, so we actually got VIP seating/treatment. The whole area is this giant grassy field with a slope, and a couple concrete areas. Right in front of the stage is the "reserve" area, which has lawn chairs to sit in. Further back, there's another area, where there's the light and sound boards, and there's chairs for the VIP's, and then the "diversity suite" for this concert, which was a tented area with cushioned chairs. We were in the "field reserve" and there was a full lunch/dessert buffet, wine service, bypassing lines, and two Port-o-Loo's right behind.

Oh yeah, the music was great and everyone went crazy when one of the guys played some gospel music.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I am going to see Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire at the same concert

should be fantastic

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I saw Kelly Clarkson last night. She was a lot shorter in person than I thought. She was absolutely amazing. That girl has a voice on her that I could only dream of having.
    Wake up and be awesome

Aerosmith cancelled the rest of their entire tour, so we won't be seeing them in September. We are getting tickets to see Bruce Springsteen in November.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

That sucks about Steven Tyler, Angel. I know how you were looking forward to seeing Aerosmith. (Thanks You Tube!) But Springsteen with be awesome - full report, please!!

And once again, I've made a liar out of myself. Detroit in July was to be my final Kid Rock show before retiring my wifebeaters and fedoras, and moving on....but....all of a sudden he announces a show in Vegas in September. I've never seen one of his shows with my younger daughter, just the older one - so it's a girls' night out for us! It just happens to be in Vegas. Front row pit tickets! Sweeeettttt!

+ Reply to Thread