+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

I just got tickets to see ZZ Top and Aerosmith (together!) in July; went ahead and got the best not-on ground-level (we don't do the 'floor' thing) they had. L and I had to use the money that would have been used for us to go somewhere in June, but that's ok--Ithink this will be great!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Sounds like fun. I"ve seen both seperately and both were great, bet it will be a fabulous show together.

And I hear you on the concert tickets. I have seen floor seats going for $400 each at some concerts. If two of you go, that's actually a really NICE 3 day weekend somewhere for that kind of money.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Ugh...I have no desire to sit on the floor anyway--the front few rows are all taken up by special interest customers for the most part, and beyond that, you see...backs. If someone gave me tickets for the floor more than a few rows back, I'd try to trade them for some in the first tier of 'side' seats, where we always get seats.
    We actually are going to that show instead of going 'away' somewhere. (However "I" have built up 2 free airline round trips--and I can't give them to anyone else. So it looks like "I" may go somewhere else this year anyway)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425571;
    Ugh...I have no desire to sit on the floor anyway--the front few rows are all taken up by special interest customers for the most part, and beyond that, you see...backs. If someone gave me tickets for the floor more than a few rows back, I'd try to trade them for some in the first tier of 'side' seats, where we always get seats.
    We actually are going to that show instead of going 'away' somewhere. (However "I" have built up 2 free airline round trips--and I can't give them to anyone else. So it looks like "I" may go somewhere else this year anyway)
    Yeah, I've seen both groups too. Excellent shows, both. I'm more of a front row - on the lawn type - but it's also fun to see different shows from different areas of an arena. (Kid Rock - for example - is a crazy, riotous show up front, more like a party, but sitting up in the stands is more of a show with lights and fire and all.)

Now you got me all excited for 4th of July's show!!

This show is $200 (EACH!) for ground level--I just can't understand anyone paying that when they won't even be able to see! In fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pay that for the very front row--the seats we have are almost exactly level with the stage, as close as you can get without being down in the 'party'..or 'hellhole' as I prefer to call it.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3427952;
    This show is $200 (EACH!) for ground level--I just can't understand anyone paying that when they won't even be able to see! In fact I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pay that for the very front row--the seats we have are almost exactly level with the stage, as close as you can get without being down in the 'party'..or 'hellhole' as I prefer to call it.
    I guess it's just subjective - and why they have all the different sections. I love being in the full-on crazy party at the front, while others prefer watching the entire show from further back. Given the option, I'd see a show at a club rather than a stadium. It is really fun, though, to be in the front and turn around and see 20-some-odd thousand people having just as much fun at the same party. I hate to admit it, but they certainly don't give those up-front tickets away for free.

queenb - We have tickets to see ZZ Top and Aerosmith, too!!!!! We are going to the September concert in Cleveland. Can't wait...as Ive never seen them in concert. I hear they put on a fabulous show.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I'd love to see ZZ Top and Aerosmith, actually as a grown woman, calling our station during contests to get them, crazy. Money is tight, and they would be a complete extra, so, no can do.

I did buy Keith Urban tickets though, he can't be missed.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Went to The Killers concert on Monday. They are fantastic live. Such great performers.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Little River Band is coming to a fair this summer not too far from us. I am debating on getting tickets when they go on sale. They were a good 70's group.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread