+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3138368;
    I just booked tickets for my parents to go see Crosby, Stills & Nash in Orange Beach, AL next month. I'm excited for them and a bit jealous because I was raised on the original CSN '69 album and hearing any track from that record (yes, vinyl record with Neil Young peaking around the back of the cover) brings back happy memories of the hi-fi booming in the downstairs family room in NJ, being so young that I didn't have to go to school, and not having a care in the world.
    Those are nice memories PhoneGrrrl and it sounds like you have some cool parents. I hope they have a great time!
    CYA

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

This year we've seen The Police, BonJovi & Daughtry, Cheap Trick, Heart & Journey. Looking forward to the 3 Doors Down/Hinder/Finger Eleven show next month.

Last year we saw the Fall Out Boy/Sum 41/Cobra Starship show, Daughtry, Rush & Pat Benatar. I love concerts!

Mellencamp is probably my favorite live performer (his tour with John Fogerty rocked!)... although the Barenaked Ladies are awesome live also!

We are going to see Robert Plant and Alison Krauss on October 1. I'm very much looking forward to it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Lucky you, Mariner! I would love to see that show.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

As of right now, unless something drastic changes, my son and I are going to a 3 day outdoor nighttime music festival in Huntsville, AL...its called Big Spring Jam...

Everyone from T-Pain to Styx to Kenny Rogers to Cowboy Mouth to MercyMe to Buck Cherry to Hinder to Kansas to Three Dog Night to Gretchen Wilson and many more....All those acts for $45/ticket....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

That sounds like fun, bama.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

First night of Big Spring Jam was great!

First act we saw was Cowboy Mouth. If you don't know about them, you should check out their Website. They put on a fantastic show and the lead singer, Fred, is crazy!

Other acts we saw were Chris Cagle, Saving Abel, Edwin McCain, Buckcherry and Styx.

Other than Cowboy Mouth, by far the best was Styx! They still put on a great show and the crowd, young and old, were singing at the top of their lungs along to the songs!!! Even without Dennis DeYoung, they did a great job! I'm definitely going to have to download some of their songs onto my mp3 player now!!!

The only bad thing about the Big Spring Jam is there are 3 stages and they are quite a distance apart so you've got to pick and choose who you want to see or only see 1/2 of their set and then walk to the other side of the park to see the other 1/2 of another act. That's what we had to do with Buckcherry and Styx...we saw the first half of Buckcherry (who definitely loved the "f" word ) and then walked to the other side of the park and saw the last 1/2 of Styx!

Tonight there is Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowfish, Cowboy Troy, John Rich and Gretchen Wilson on one stage; Sister Hazel, Kansas and .38 Special on one stage and then T-Pain is on another. I promised my son we would see all of T-Pain's set so I lose out on seeing Gretchen Wilson and .38 special!
    Last edited by bbnbama; 09-27-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Hey BB, Sounds like a good time. I'd like to see Sister Hazel. Darius Rucker has the #1 single & the #1 album on the Country Charts. If you see him, listen for his version of Carries All American Girl, he said he loves the song & he is playing it during his sets.

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss did not disappoint. We were in the very back row center stage and had a fabulous time.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'm jealous Mariner. I wanted to go to that concert but they had to cancel it because of hurricane damage. I'm glad you had a good time!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread