+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 79 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

FORT Fan

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

I'm seeing Colin Meloy and Panic at the Disco in April.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

My friend invited me to a Jonas Brothers concert recently

FORT Newbie

I have tickets to see Tom Petty in June. I'm very excited.

I'm going to see Sarah Watkins from Nickel Creek and Tift Merritt on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by tonydanza;2827469;
    I have tickets to see Tom Petty in June. I'm very excited.
    Wish I was going, but it sold out in Charlotte and while there's still tickets available for Atlanta, I'm not going there.

Enjoy, he puts on a terrific show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm taking my 8 and 6-yr-olds to their first rock concert- The Raconteurs!!!!! My kids have been practicing their cheering!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

MRD

My daughter's first concert was the Stones and the 2nd was Aerosmith. Poor kid never stood a chance as I firmly believe that everyone should see the Stones at least once.

Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick are coming here this summer. I would love to go to that one.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2915763;
    Journey, Heart and Cheap Trick are coming here this summer. I would love to go to that one.
    Can I go with you? I've never seen any of those 3 and bet they would be great.

I have some friends that went to high school with some of the members of Cheap Trick and they have told me some stories.

Was anyone else at the Bon Jovi concert this past Saturday at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, FL? There were two bomb threats, which resulted in the entire arena being emptied while the police from various surrounding towns searched the Center. The show ended up starting over 2 hours late.

I understand that bomb threats happen and must be taken seriously. What I don't understand is why the show would then start when there were 1,000s and 1,000s of people still waiting patiently to get in. We arrived over a half an hour early, yet still ended up missing almost the entire opening act (Daughtry). I don't know who was in charge of making the decision that Daughtry should start when they did (whether it was BankAtlantic Center, Bon Jovi or Daughty themselves), but someone should have stepped in and said, "Hey, these people have waited patiently for hours and have paid 100s of dollars for these tickets, the show shouldn't start until they all have had a chance to get inside."

Bon Jovi sounded good and Jon Bon Jovi promised us "the Bon Jovi concert of a lifetime" to make up for all the craziness. However, as it turns out, from what I've read on the forum on the Bon Jovi site, they actually played a shortened version of their set list.

ARRGGH!! Maybe I'm getting too old for concerts. This Friday we get to go back to BankAtlantic Center to see Bruce Springsteen -- one of the shows that was postponed from a week or so ago. (Yes, our luck is THAT bad!) At this point, I'm not even sure if I'm looking forward to it.

+ Reply to Thread