+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    ... I wish Clay would come to Cali...I'd definitely get tix for that!
    Clay will be appearing at Wango Tango (coming up very soon) at the Rose Bowl. It's not a solo concert, of course, but you'd get to hear Clay plus a bunch of other big stars.

I'm going to see Clay's concert in Greensboro, NC in July. Good chance to visit relatives, take in a great concert at the same time, and get to meet some of my online buddies like QueenP too!.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

We don't get alot of concerts up here, so I'm going down to Seattle ( A three and a half hour flight ) this fall to catch Sting and Annie Lennox. I'm pretty excited about this show....has anyone seen it that can give me some kind of a review??

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskangurl
    We don't get alot of concerts up here, so I'm going down to Seattle ( A three and a half hour flight ) this fall to catch Sting and Annie Lennox. I'm pretty excited about this show....has anyone seen it that can give me some kind of a review??
    I saw Annie Lennox when she came through Chicago last year. It was an excellent show. It was in a smallish theater type setting rather than a stadium setting and she had a smallish band it was very intimate and the sound terrific. She was just starting the tour for the new album.

So you should love the show. Some portions were a little more "world music" than I prefer but mostly it was a top-notch show.

I know some people love world-music - especially people that would be a fan of Sting or Paul Simons later stuff - so you would probably love every second of Annies show.

Thanks Daddio!! I've waited years to see Annie and knowing it's going to be as good as I think it's going to be just makes me giddy!! I hope she does some old Eurythimics stuff!!

Being in Chicago you must get tons of shows....Anyone worth mentining go through lately? We just had Ani Difranco a couple of weeks ago. Okay show, too much "Spoken Word" for a concert IMO.
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

FORT Fogey
    You will love the show Alaskangurl...if I recall, she played about 3 or 4 Eurethmics songs including a sultry new arrangement of "Sweet Dreams..."
    I think she did Here Comes the Rain and Missionary Man as well.

Yes, I am very glad to live in an area where so many choices to view live music exist. And with the summer festival season approaching - so many events are even free. Which is especially wonderful in an era of $75 concert tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_cool
    Linkin Park coming to SG? How come I've never heard any sort of advertisment?
    Blue...we should go together. Watchin you, at a head-banging concert, with 20,000+ people. *priceless*

No but seriosuly, if you are planning on going, we should do something... I'm definitely going to be going!

I really want to go, and I mean really really really really REALLY want to go. But 20th of June! THat's exam week! $100+ ticket, a bit steep, but I would still go. But since it's exam, don't think I can! I don't know~

Hmm...i'd pay for you! hahaha... that is, if u be nice to me!
    What's more important blue? to see your FAVORITE band of all time? or to study, pass your finals and graduate. Wait maybe that's the wrong question

But blue...do reconsider

It'd be awesome to go to Warped Tour this summer. It's coming to Jacksonville, so I'm gonna be keeping an eye out about that. I'd kill to see Coheed and Cambria.

Correction. THe Linkin Park Concert in Singapore is on the 22nd of June and NOT the 20th!! Note that!

Ticket prices S$85-S$150+
    Location - The Paddang
    Freestanding

Can't wait!

+ Reply to Thread