+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

I just went to MiG's last concert in LA before he moves out to NYC. It was a blast and there will be lots to see in the MiG thread
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Just got back from tonights John Mayer concert. Awesome as usual. Ben Folds was the opening act and did a cover on The Postal Service song "Such Great Heights"... AMAZING.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Any of you going to catch the Lollapalooza 2007 LIVE WEBCAST August 3-5?
    * When — August 3-5
    * Where — Your computer screen
    * What — Live performances from Grant Park stage in Chicago
    * Directions — Head to the AT&T blue room

I just got my tickets to Collin Raye. He is opening the county fair and the show is free. I will be in heaven.

My sister and I are also going to see Wynonna Judd in October. We will be spending the night in the town the show is in, and it is grown ups only. Woohoo!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2501322;
    I just got my tickets to Collin Raye. He is opening the county fair and the show is free. I will be in heaven.

My sister and I are also going to see Wynonna Judd in October. We will be spending the night in the town the show is in, and it is grown ups only. Woohoo!
    Two years ago Wynonna was the closing act on Friday Night of the CMA Music fest & she absolutely cleared the stadium. When she hit the stage people started to leave as if someone had announced a bomb threat. It was the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Two nights later, a huge rain & lightening storm hit & delayed proceedings for 45 minutes yet the crowd stayed around for the end, in stark contrast to what they did for Wynonna. She wasn't bad, it just seemed as though people didn't want to see her.

This isn't really a concert...but I'm incredibly excited as I'm finally getting the opportunity to see Henry Rollins in his new spoken-word tour. As some of you know, I'm a huge fan of his, and I've never had the chance to see him live. He's going to be in my city the day before my birthday - it's like a sign. I was out-of-town for a few weeks and didn't even hear the show announcement, so we just ordered our tickets today.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

lei
    FORT Fogey

AJane -- I'm a fan of the brilliant Mr. Rollins too. In fact, Mr. lei and I have a running joke that I married him because he actually once touched him.

(And for the record, Mr. lei married me because I cook great tacos.)

Have fun at the show! I bet it will be an awesome birthday present.

RUSH, in 2 days.

Since Suncat7 said that her favourite concert was Arlo Guthrie I am going to see Arlo in October.
    The internet tried it's best to prevent me from getting a ticket, but with some persistance I managed to get a ticket in the front row.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2536411;
    Since Suncat7 said that her favourite concert was Arlo Guthrie I am going to see Arlo in October.
    The internet tried it's best to prevent me from getting a ticket, but with some persistance I managed to get a ticket in the front row.

Hmmm. He played in my town a few weeks ago. I almost went, but decided not to for some reason. I feel really badly about it now because he had like, 15 fans there, and all of them were in their 80s. I could have been a minority.

Oh! Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace. I don't know when or where, but I figure that I should. I saw them open for Nickelback, and they were good, so I want to see them in their own act(s). I figure it will be like a really late 18th birthday present for my friend Craig, who not only listens to all the same music as me, but has never been to a concert, which is truly tragic.
    Last edited by 11sstephanie; 08-20-2007 at 10:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread