+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 79 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

FORT Fan

Re: The Concerts You Will Attend?

In the past week I've seen The Killers and My Chemical Romance. Amazing shows if you're into that sort of music. Now I can't afford another concert for awhile...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey;2356518;
    In the past week I've seen The Killers and My Chemical Romance. Amazing shows if you're into that sort of music. Now I can't afford another concert for awhile...
    So cool. I'm seeing The Killers in a couple of weeks when they play Rexall Place in Edmonton. Who was the opening act when you saw them? MCR is having their concert a couple of days before the Killers and I would love to see them too but I didn't get tickets.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2358082;
    So cool. I'm seeing The Killers in a couple of weeks when they play Rexall Place in Edmonton. Who was the opening act when you saw them? MCR is having their concert a couple of days before the Killers and I would love to see them too but I didn't get tickets.
    When I saw the Killers (ATL), The Silver Beats opened. They're a Japanese Beatles cover band, which sounds weird, but they were really good. I had good seats (3rd row!), and there wasn't GA, so it was nice not to be crushed the whole time. I met 3/4 of them after the show as well. If you have enough time you should wait, they almost always will meet fans after the show.

MCR (CLT) I didn't have tickets for either, but I found a girl on one of their forums to sell me a GA ticket for close to cost. I got to the venue super early so I was front and center for that concert! Good times...

I think the Killers were better though, so if you can only see one, you made the right choice! Hope you have a good time!
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

One of my friends went to The Killers and saw the Silver Beats as well and she couldn't stop raving about them.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

I'd love to see the Killers. One of the few bands my daughter and I both like.

Since my birthday and Mother's day are in the same week, I'm hoping for tickets to see (don't laugh) Hank Williams Jr. and Lynyrd Skynyrd as my gift.

I'm definetly a 1970's Southern Rock type of girl (I love just about any kind of music, but that is probably my favorite) and Bocephus puts on a great show. He is a master showman. Probably one of my top 5 concerts of all time. I'm hoping he is still as good this time around.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2375958;
    I'd love to see the Killers. One of the few bands my daughter and I both like.

Since my birthday and Mother's day are in the same week, I'm hoping for tickets to see (don't laugh) Hank Williams Jr. and Lynyrd Skynyrd as my gift.

I'm definetly a 1970's Southern Rock type of girl (I love just about any kind of music, but that is probably my favorite) and Bocephus puts on a great show. He is a master showman. Probably one of my top 5 concerts of all time. I'm hoping he is still as good this time around.
    Bocephus can match Skynyrd lick for lick anytime he hits the satge. If he's sober.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2376237;
    Bocephus can match Skynyrd lick for lick anytime he hits the satge. If he's sober.
    Skynyrd's opening for him. I've never seen them before and kind of hate that I'm seeing this particular incarnation of them. I really hate seeing bands that have lost so many of the original members. I did see Rossington-Collins back when they were a band, but at least they weren't calling themselves Skynyrd. And I have seen .38 special with his brother, Donnie. I actually met Johnny once at Cresent Beach, just outside of Jacksonville, this was probably 1981. I was dating an older guy that had gone to highschool with Johnny. He was just getting started on his own musical career at that time, but this day, the guys were all surfing. NOW I wish I had thought to ask for an autograph, but other than being Ronnie and Donnie's younger brother, he wasn't a star himself yet.

Anyway, I didn't get to go see Volunteer Jam 2007 with the Outlaws, The Marshall Tucker Band and the Charlie Daniels Band, so I really hope I get to go to this concert. (I have seen the 3 above mentioned bands and Marshall Tucker I think only has one original member left now. They all supposedly live up the road from me now in Spartanburg). My best friend's uncle played drums for MTB in the mid 90's.

I love Southern Rock and Blues. My favorite and I don't think of them as fitting the Southern Rock genre is The Allman Brother's Band. Definetly more blues, but Betts' songs do carry a more Southern Rock bend than did Duane or Greg's. I've seen The Allman Brothers (actually brother as the first time I saw them, was right after Duane's death) more than any other band.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2376686;
    Skynyrd's opening for him. I've never seen them before and kind of hate that I'm seeing this particular incarnation of them. I really hate seeing bands that have lost so many of the original members. I did see Rossington-Collins back when they were a band, but at least they weren't calling themselves Skynyrd. And I have seen .38 special with his brother, Donnie. I actually met Johnny once at Cresent Beach, just outside of Jacksonville, this was probably 1981. I was dating an older guy that had gone to highschool with Johnny. He was just getting started on his own musical career at that time, but this day, the guys were all surfing. NOW I wish I had thought to ask for an autograph, but other than being Ronnie and Donnie's younger brother, he wasn't a star himself yet.

Anyway, I didn't get to go see Volunteer Jam 2007 with the Outlaws, The Marshall Tucker Band and the Charlie Daniels Band, so I really hope I get to go to this concert. (I have seen the 3 above mentioned bands and Marshall Tucker I think only has one original member left now. They all supposedly live up the road from me now in Spartanburg). My best friend's uncle played drums for MTB in the mid 90's.

I love Southern Rock and Blues. My favorite and I don't think of them as fitting the Southern Rock genre is The Allman Brother's Band. Definetly more blues, but Betts' songs do carry a more Southern Rock bend than did Duane or Greg's. I've seen The Allman Brothers (actually brother as the first time I saw them, was right after Duane's death) more than any other band.

I have always been a huge fan of Southern Rock. A lot of my music collection is taken up with the stuff.

I had tickets to see the Allman Brothers at the Hollywood Bowl but Greg got “sick” & they cancelled. But for my money they may have been the best American Rock band ever.

I never had an opportunity to see Marshal Tucker, but I was at the music store to buy all of their albums every time they released a new one.

I saw Skynyrd at the Forum in LA 2 weeks before the release of their first album. They were touring with & opening for The Who during the Quadrophenia tour. No one had a clue who they were, but after they finished Freebird & left the stage everybody was sure interested in finding out more.

Maybe the weirdest pairing I ever saw was in Long Beach & Charley Daniels opened for Eric Clapton. Weird show, but still a great one.

I saw Elvin Bishop open for Stephen Stills one night & Bishop was so good people booed & walked out on Stills.

Pure Prairie League was really good before, during & after the Vince Gill era. Poco was always good & Rusty Young is an incredible multi instrumentalist. The Amazing Rhythym Aces were to short lived. I don’t know if you could classify The New Riders of the Purple Sage as Southern Rock or not but they were definitely as much Country as anything even though they were from San Francisco. And then there was the band that could put on a stage show that would leave all these others behind, & that was the overlooked & much underrated Black Oak Arkansas. You talk about a bunch of guys that could get a crowd on their feet & dancing, that was BOA.

And then maybe my all time favorite band (other than the Beatles) was The Ozark Mountain Daredevils. I just really liked their style, their sound, & the fact that they had no pretentions.

So Southern Rock rules the roost around my house.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2376959;
    And then there was the band that could put on a stage show that would leave all these others behind, & that was the overlooked & much underrated Black Oak Arkansas. You talk about a bunch of guys that could get a crowd on their feet & dancing, that was BOA.
    I saw them in concert back in the early 70's in my hometown of Nashville. They opened for Black Sabbath. Ozzy did one of his no shows and Black Sabbath did not play. They announced that anyone who wanted a refund could leave then and get their money back. For those that would stay BOA would do a double set. That was fine by me because the only reason I went was to see BOA. Great night.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    I never had an opportunity to see Marshal Tucker, but I was at the music store to buy all of their albums every time they released a new one.
    I love Marshall Tucker, I saw them when I was in college back in the 70's. The funny thing is, a few years ago my nephew was looking for one of their albums. My SIL had no idea who they were but I knew exactly where to find them. He's a senior in college, so their music is still popular even with the next generation.

We just got tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot. I haven't seen him since I was in college either.

+ Reply to Thread