+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Just had to share...

I was supposed to be signed up through ticketmaster to receive early notice should ever the Indigo Girls were to come to my area. They are my husband and my all time favorites. Well, imagine my disgust, when I found out a half a month after the fact that they sold out two nights of an intimate acoustic performance at the Mohegan Sun cabaret theatre, which seats only about 300 people. We have been waiting for something like this to come along for years! So much for the presale notice!! So I began searching online for ticket brokers. These tix were originally only $40. I found a broker that had two tickets they were selling for $140.00 dollars each. I'm a very impulsive person, and probably would have scooped them up without advising the husband, but as we have been low on cash as of late, I figured I should call him at work, and ask him whether he thought we could afford it. So I called and asked him "How much would you spend to see an intimate acoustic Indigo Girls show?" His response to me...

"Well, you kind of got me there, because there is just no way that you would believe me of I said I wouldn't want to go, so now you've ruined my surprise and I am forced to tell you that I already bought us tickets."

It turns out he was saving it for our 9th anniversary, which is on Wednesday, and was beginning to think that he would actually get away with a surprise without me spoiling it, which I seem to always do. I assured him that I was surprised anyway, and very ecstatic to find out that he was one of the first people to purchase these tickets only minutes after they went on sale, only spending $80, as opposed to the $280 I almost paid the broker. I almost considered buying them without telling him, and surprising HIM on our anniversary. That would have been irony of O'Henry proportions.

So now I am thrilled beyond belief to say that the next concert I will be attending is a private acoustic cabaret performance by our beloved Indigo Girls!!!

Damn, I love my husband! I used to think it was special when one of us would call the other up at work and suggest we go for sushi for dinner, just to find out that the other had been craving it all day as well. This tops it, by far.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

That's fantastic, JFlo! It's always wonderful when you can experience a live performance by one of your favorite artists, but having it in such an intimate setting just makes it even more magical.

This probably won't be nearly as intimate, but I get to see the wonderful, wonderful Muse next month!

I am going to see The Sam Roberts band on July 23rd. They are doing a mini-tour sponsored by the Ontario Lottery Gaming Corporation. It's free!

Right...twas not planned until the last second...but I saw the MiG, Lovehammers and The Panic Channel in concert last night. There are pictures up in the MiG and Marty threads I am sure I will post a set list and some comments after I sleep.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

This is the exact opposite of the topic of the thread, but it did not seem worth starting a new thread and I felt the need to post this. I heard that the Who are touring again. I think that they should send me a refund for the money I spent to see their farewell tour in 1982.
    There may be some point in this tour since they have a new album coming out, but I hope that they are calling it "Who's Left?"
    Maybe Garth Hudson and Levon Helm can open for them as "The Band".
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    Maybe Garth Hudson and Levon Helm can open for them as "The Band".
    That's hilarious. It also makes me want to watch "The Last Waltz" again.

Well, I had a treat yesterday . . . I went to the Muse concert in Denver with my best friend and my dad. We all loved it and were, quite literally, blown away. It was probably the loudest concert I've attended, as you could feel the bass vibrating your spleen and you could feel your clothes moving. (The light show was incredible, too.) Seeing Matthew Bellamy go to work on the piano and guitar was incredible--the guy plays like Paderewski and Hendrix, respectively. If any of you get the chance to catch them on this tour, I'd highly recommend it.

I have lots, but I'll be attending the AI concert.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    I am going to see The Sam Roberts band on July 23rd. They are doing a mini-tour sponsored by the Ontario Lottery Gaming Corporation. It's free!
    Aha! So that's what the OLGC is doing with all the money I lose on the lotteries.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    I saw Sister Hazel last weekend at Stillwater Lumberjack Days in Minnesota. The whole weekend was a blast (though hotter than hell) and I'm glad I got to see them perform! I might try and get tickets to the Grandstand at the State Fair 'cause I hear Rascal Flatts will be playing August 25th, though being a college student puts me at very limited funds
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

Upcoming:

Lollapalooza

Dixie Chicks
    Eric Clapton
    Jamie Cullum
    Buckethead

Barbra Streisand

debating Stones again in October, saw them in January depending upon $$ available.

+ Reply to Thread