+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 80 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

I am jealous of anyone getting to go to almost any concert. For some reason, no one that I want to see is coming to Dallas this year. I'm bummed. Ozfest ignored us completely for the first time ever, and yeah, I was going to the AI concert and never dreamed it wouldn't come here. Also no Pearl Jam, no Metallica, no System of a Down! What's the deal? Kelly Clarkson's tour isn't even hitting Dallas and she lives in Burleson, about 45 minutes away...

Of course, now I'm off to see if Roger Waters may actually tour here... that would make up for some of the other snubs.

ETA: No Waters, no Madonna, no Pearl Jam but Metallica will be here November 17th. Woot!
    Last edited by Dinahann; 05-07-2006 at 02:19 PM.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

The Erasure concert in Nashville I went to with Libra1022 and Co. was AMAZING. Intimate venue, new twist on the music, and it was filmed, so I expect it will be the official concert release for DVD.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Last night, I went to see Kid Rock. It was an awesome show. By the time he was mid-way through his 3rd song, my friend and I were already talking about going on-line and buying tickets for tonight's show

We had a lot of fun...

Now for something completely different: I'm going to see Mark O'Connor and his Appalachia Waltz Trio on Monday. I also have tickets to see Arlo Guthrie, Shawn Colvin and Dar Williams together, and Etta James at the local zoo this summer.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Just checking back to let you know that the Neko Case gig was AWESOME. Easily my best concert experience since Lucinda Williams back in 2003, and that speaks volumes. I never wanted her to leave the stage. She has one of the most unique and captivating voices I have ever heard, by turns crystal-clear and smoky and absolutely mesmerizing. Her music is part traditional country, part alternative rock with distinct echoes of the world of David Lynch (she grew up in Washington State, where Twin Peaks was filmed. Coincidence? I think not), 60's girl groups and the musical landscape of Calexico and Giant Sand, who contributed to her last album. I was a bit worried how the wonderfully layered atmosphere from her albums would translate to a live audience, but it worked marvelously. In addition to being a great performer, she also struck me as a lovely, down-to-earth person with a hilarious, wry sense of humour. I had the great fortune of chatting with her afterwards and can safely say that she's just as nice as she is talented. Such pretty red hair too. Damn, I think I have a girl crush!
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I got my presale tickets for Rob Zombie in July.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I got my presale tickets for Rob Zombie in July.
    Ohhh, you lucky thing!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Just running it to say how great the Boyz II Men concert was...though it did make me feel mighty old when they said lets go back 15 years and sing some of the classics All I could think of was I was in 8th grade when their first cd came out. They sang stuff from all of their cds and have new double cd coming out later this year. I have about 15 videos and some pics on my cell phone
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Just seen Pearl Jam May16 and 17 at the United Center. Night one was great, a "regular" fan pleaser, but night two played to the hardcore fans and it was waaaay off the charts awesome! I've seen them many times but this was one I'll remember for a very long time. Place was packed to the roof with screaming fans and the energy I got from just being there will probably keep me going for a week .
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I got tickets for the Nashville Star concert in Anahiem this September

I can't wait to see Chris
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread