+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 79 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

I wanted so badly to go to the WKLB Countryfest this year at the Tweeter Center featuring Toby Keith, Joe Nichols and a couple of people I'm unfamiliar with but sadly, the tickets are too expensive. The only way I'll be able to go is if I can win tickets off the radio. I've seen Toby before and he was awesome. I mainly wanted to go for Joe Nichols. And to hear Toby sing "Let's Get Drunk and Be Somebody". Love that song.
    Oh, well. I will keep trying to win tickets on the radio. Otherwise, I will be missing Countryfest for the 2nd year in a row.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

i am pooping my pants today. we made it to my husbands parents house, and sunday we fly out to hawaii by hubby's brother. he let us know he got tickets to the kokuaw festival to see jack johnson a couple months ago. my mother in law informed this morning it is not just jack johnson. it's jack johnson, ben harper, and willie nelson!! did i die and go to heaven??
    we also scored tickets to nine inch nails july 2 at summerfest in milwaukee.
    my husband's favorite band. if tom petty shows up at summerfest again we will see him for sure too.
    anyone else love jack and ben? i'll let you know how awesome it was when i get back. now i have to log and stay off this board before i peek at what happened on survivor last night.

I would LOVE to get tics to see Jack Johnson- my husband LOVES him and has never been to any kinda concert before, Im sure he'd love it!

I just found out that Michael Buble is coming to town in July, tics go on sale next week and Im definatly going!! I havent been to a concert since Nsync (gasp!) and Im just as about obsessed with him as I was with them! Im a big dork!

What'll be REALLY funny is if I can get front row- The concert is July 5th, and Im due July 28th. Big ole preggo in the front row, drooling over Buble!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

well, my husband and his family had a great time at the festival. i got strep, and had to stay behind. i'm so bummed. i spent the last three days of vacation in bed. also, my hubbys buddy is buying my nine inch nails ticket so he can go with him. they are much bigger fans. and tom petty is coming to summer fest, but he's co-heading with pearl jam. i do not like pearl jam. so my concerts are not turning out like i planned. i'm feeling very sorry for myself.

Ooh, I'd love to see Tom Petty! Not sure about Pearl Jam, though: they're alright, but I've never been that big a fan.

As for the concerts I will attend, I have tickets for Neko Case. She's an amazing singer/songwriter in the alt.country tradition, but she brings something slightly eerie and out of this world to her music. It's no big surprise that she's from Washington State, close to where Twin Peaks was filmed: the mood that her music evokes is very reminiscent of David Lynch. It will be my first Neko Case concert, and I can't wait!

I also have tickets for Emmylou Harris and Mark Knopfler. It seems like an odd pairing on paper, but I think it could work out wonderfully. Emmylou Harris concerts always make me cry.

Does anyone plan on seeing Pet Shop Boys? I'd love to see them, but the tickets are all sold out.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young will be here in Columbus in August. I would love to see them.

I'm still trying to win tickets to the WKLB Countryfest at the Tweeter Center featuring Toby Keith, Joe Nichols and a couple of other people.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I saw Train last night in NYC. AMAZING performance - they sang their hits as well as a cover of Goin to California (Led Zep), Dream On (Aerosmith) and Wild Horses (Stones). What a terrific show.

Brandi Carlile opened up and she was good.

If you like Train, you must see them live. They definitely don't disappoint.

Yes, Brandi is awesome!

I am going to see Celine Dion in Vegas next weekend 7th row center. Then Saturday the Lili Claire Benefit with Vanessa Carlton, Everclear, and Lifehouse.

Even though I may be the only person of my generation to have never owned a copy of Dark Side of the Moon I am going to see Roger Waters this fall.
    A woman at work saw Roger Waters on one of his previous tours and said that it was the best concert she has ever been to.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

+ Reply to Thread