+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Awesome, Libs! Let us know how orchestral Duran Duran is . . . that sounds like a great combo.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have a spare moment for this, but The Decemberists will be playing in Minneapolis in October, I believe. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak away from school and see them.

A friend and I are going to see Chaka Khan perform with the San Francisco Symphony on the 29th.

Libs, that's awesome about Duran. My husband is going to AC to see them at the end of the month. I'm so jealous...

I went to see "Generation Motown" in Quebec city on Thursday night and had a wild time. Then on Saturday, I went to see Glass Tiger in Cornwall and that was great as well.

I love concerts!

The Rolling Stones arrived in Toronto last night to start rehearsing for their tour.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    Let us know how orchestral Duran Duran is . . . that sounds like a great combo.
    All I can say is WOW! My seats weren't the best in the house, but the experience of such a rare concert was just fantastic! (made even better by the really cool gal, Shannon, that was sitting next to me and also there solo...we had a blast singing and dancing the entire time)

They played a 4 song regular set and then 10 orchestrated songs, 4 more regular songs, and finally a 3 song orchestrated encore. My biggest highlight was FINALLY hearing one of my favorite Duran songs live (New Religion)...I've been waiting for the 10 years that I've been catching them in concert for it and it finally happened. Other biggies for me were the ever eerie Chauffeur done with the orchestra *GAH!*, just amazing! Also Ordinary World with the orchestra....very touching to hear it fully like that. We were also treated to a never before played live instrumental (Tel Aviv) which was beautiful, but not my favorite of the night.

I would definitely travel to see this again if they did it! Can't say enough good things about how incredible the show was.

That sounds wonderful, Libs! I'm so glad you got to go to the show and had such a great time.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Very cool, Libs. I'm glad you had such a good time.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Gwen Stefani Nov 25th.
    Ludicrous speed!

Sweet, Char!

I'm stoked because I get to see The Decemberists on Oct. 21st! I cannot wait.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar

Sleater Kinney is playing the Gothic in Denver on October 14th!

I'm excited for that one!

+ Reply to Thread