+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I'm going to see Avril in a few weeks.. I'm not a huge fan of her's.. but it'll be fun anyway.
    i like avril, but at least here in dallas, gavin degraw is opening for her. that in itself would make it a show worth seeing.

JR.
    Ozzfest July 15th

I'm there.

ETA: 5th row center
    Last edited by JR.; 06-21-2005 at 07:41 PM.

I'm buying tickets tomorrow to see Tom Petty in August. I'm also planning on seeing NIN (with QOTSA and Autolux!) again in September and am anxiously awaiting the day tickets go on sale.
    Ludicrous speed!

I will wanna attend Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Jessica SImpson and Bo bice's!

Cafe Tacuba - 7/1/05
    Ludicrous speed!

I'm really excited right now. My lovely fiancÚ just got us front row tickets to Antony and the Johnsons! The concert isn't until October but, man, it's going to be absolutely heartbreaking. The venue is perfect for them: very small and intimate, with a glamorous, old-school feel (it's an old theatre).
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

i saw alanis morissette last night! mraz opened for her. a really great show! i had forgotten how much i had loved "jagged little pill" all those years ago.

3 Doors Down, Staind, BB

Went to see 3 Doors Down, Staind and Breaking Benjamin last night. I didn't know it, but there was a 4th band playing, and I don't remember who they are but we came in over halfway through Breaking Benjamin's set so we'll never know. I thought BB was very good! I was surprised, since I had listened to some songs by them previously and was not bowled over. However, "Sooner or Later" was just great live and I keep thinking about it. I don't think the guys are cute in that band at all. Um, maybe the drummer. I had good binoculars with me. Staind is who we really came to see, and they did not disappoint! They were, in a word, awesome. Their songs bring back some good and some not good memories for me, and seeing them do them live brought it all back for me. I urge anyone and everyone to see Staind live. 3 Doors Down was very professional in their performance, and I was struck at how attracted I was to the lead singer. I almost felt ashamed after I turned to my one girlfriend and shouted, "Oh my God, he's so f*kn hot!!!!!" The big screens on either side of the stage and behind them confirmed it! He's almost odd-looking in regular still photos, but (and I never knew his name before - Brad Arnold - because I didn't care about 3 Doors Down, really) live and moving around, excellent!! I liked several of their songs and they put on a good show.

I don't feel 51 years old when I go to shows like this. I go to watch the show, and not like my two companions, who spent most of the time in line to buy $7 beers and then in line again to relieve themselves of those $7 beers. I was designated driver. That part is not my scene at all. I'm at the concert and I'm there and totally into the music. I could go on about my two friends and a few of the people around me, but I won't, because I'll get too meow catty (easy for me to do). But there was quite a pickup scene there last night.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Young Dubliners - July 23rd (Sort of Irish Rock, they do the Killian's commercials music)

Tegan and Sara - July 30th (I am SO excited to see them!)

Tonight begins my phase II of Duran Duran....they are playing with the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra here in town. Should be really interesting! I can't wait to see what it ends up turning out like. Next week I cap it off with a trip to Ohio for a visit with a very old friend of mine (we've been close since we met some 20 years ago) and another night of Duran. That's 4 times this tour, ummmm, yeah, I'm a geek but it's ok

+ Reply to Thread