+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: The Concerts You Will Attend?

I'm going to see Avril in a few weeks.. I'm not a huge fan of her's.. but it'll be fun anyway.

I'm not huge huge fans of either band, but we're going to see 3 Doors Down, Staind & Breaking Benjamin next month. I do look forward to Staind, that's for sure. The two girls I'm going with are my much younger girlfriends from work (both in early 30s - I'm 51). I do love concerts but not stadium ones with idiots in attendance who don't know how to act. The saddest thing is that one of these girls - this will be only the second concert she's ever been to in her life. She is beyond thrilled and she adores Staind. (She calls 'em "Stain").

I bet 3 DD will be good live too. Some bands - you don't ever buy their records (CDs, sorry), but you remember how amazing they were live. I have many, many personal examples of that!

Tell you this, concerts like that are too friggin' expensive, man! $48 to sit where???

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynas_mom
    Tell you this, concerts like that are too friggin' expensive, man! $48 to sit where???
    Ya know, I can remember back when I was in high school (80's) and I could go to lots of concerts because of the low ticket prices (less than $25)...Poison, Van Halen, Rod Stewart, Taylor Dayne, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Cheap Trick, John Cougar, Kiss, Alabama, Oak Ridge Boys...all styles of music...nowadays, I know I have to be selective in what I want to go see because of ticket prices being $50 and up....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Def Leppard/Bryan Adams Concert

I am copying this from a friends board. So you don't know the people that I am talking about calling....other than that it works

OMG

I have work tomorrow so I am going to type what I remember now so at least you will get to hear about a quarter of it

I have non-existant hearing right now but it is well worth it.

Def Leppard played for 1 hour and 30 min and Bryan Adams played for 1hr and 30 mins. The concert was sold out.

For Def Leppard I wasn't all that fussed to fight my way up to the front so I was about three quarters of the way back. I actually liked that as the guys were running around the stage and carrying around mic stands the whole concert ----- which made me think of Stoney yelling at Bo to put the damn mic stand down. About an hour in they sang Rocket. The second encore was Pour Some Sugar on Me. Here is what else I can remember they sang --- but I don't know all their songs.

Rock of Ages, Photograph, Women, Love Bites, Let's Get Rocked, Armageddon It, Rock Till You Drop.....hell I know there were tons more and they did some from a new cd that will be coming out later this year.

What I really liked about them, other than their British and that itself make them totally awesome, is on the big screens they had their old videos playing for any song that had a video. If not there was lots of cool British stuff they were flashing on the screen. Nothing beats a sold out crowd singing Pour Some Sugar on me.

As soon as they were done I latched myself on to two girls I had been standing with and we snaked our way to within 10 feet of the stage at the center so we could see Bryan up close. My memory is going to get hazy here.

Before I forget Shimmy, the three songs on your voice mail are: 18 til I Die, Everything I Do I do It For You and Straight from the Heart and Tony I called you during: The Only Thing that Looks Good on Me is You.

Songs that he sang in no order at all: Room Service, This Side of Paradise (I kinda forgot that CD isn't released over here so I was the only person singing along with these two songs), It's Only Love, Run To You, Heaven, Straight from the Heart, Summer of 69, When Your Gone ( I tried to get on stage for that one....but to no avail --- as there was a VIP from tour promotions in the crowd - bah humbug), There Will Never Be Another Tonight, Cuts Like a Knife, All I Want is You, The Only Thing that Looks Good On Me Is You, Everything I Do I Do it for You.....there were a bazillion more but that is all I can remember.

The concert was a blast. I had more fun at my first Bryan Adams concert as it was a much smaller venue, but I would not miss Def Leppard and Bryan Adams together and I certainly don't miss the 250+ mile drive to the concert.

I actually met a really nice guy there too....it was kind of nice of to see him again as we were at the same Bryan Adams concert last year.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I'm glad you had fun JLuvs!

Saw The Pixies last night. It was at a venue here in Colorado called Red Rocks. Nestled into the foothills, huge red rocks on all sides jutting out of the earth and a gorgeous view of downtown Denver. Plus, the weather cooperated and it was warm until the sun went down and then I was dancing so much I didn't care.

But, the BIG surprise, the opening acts really stole the show for me. The Bellrays (a Tina Turner impersonator fronted punk band) got the entire arena on their feet.

And the Violent Femmes. Wow! Wow! Wow! I have never seen them live - but I will never miss another show. They sounded fantastic, Gordon Gano was both funny and endearing between songs and all of their songs sounded fantastic live. Especially Add it Up, Gano started really slow and emotional and the entire arena was singing along. I just can't say enough about their performance.

Unfortunately, I got a little distracted when The Pixies were on and didn't get to watch most of their set. However, and this is the second time I've seen them do this, they opened and closed with Wave of Mutilation, which for some reason, I find interesting.

The Stones are coming!!!
    Tickets sold out in 2 days - all 75,000 of them.
    So now i'll have to pay scalper prices for tickets, sucks but probably will be worth it.

OLP & Maroon 5 will be opening for them.

FORT Fan
    A few weeks ago I saw U2 in concert. To NO surprise the concert was amazing! From the moment U2 came out.. the crowd was on their feet. I'm seeing them again in October. My tickets came in the mail today! *does her happy dance*

Last saturday I went to see Stevie Nicks/Don Henley. Also, a great concert. Boy have they aged though.

At the Taste of Chicago - I might catch the free Lauryn Hill concert

At Rivinia - Carlos Santana
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I know this is going to shock everyone to the core

But I am going to see Vanilla Ice in concert.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    JLuvs! *lol* Ok, ok. I saw him on TV last week and (throwing myself under the bus, too) enjoyed him.

Next concert - Keith Urban at Red Rocks. I won "first in" tickets for a general admi. show which means I get to get in 10 minutes before anyone else AND SNAG FRONT ROW! *happy dance* Keith is gonna sweat on me.

+ Reply to Thread