+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Songs you admit to liking

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    No, no, thanks, but it's shameful.

I still can't help myself though. Some days I wake up and blare my stereo: "tell me what you want, what you really, really want..."

I dunno, just reminds me of a more carefree part of my life.
    *takes deep breath*

Okay, OnMyLunchBreak, this is a painful admission, but: for the longest time, in the late 90's, the Spice Girls were my screen saver. I saw Spice World...voluntarily. *buries face shamefully*

I like to say that I watched Spice World for Richard E. Grant (Withnail & I), I think one of the finest and most underrated actors living today, but I know it's not true--I watched Spice World to see the group screaming behind the wheel of a double-decker London bus.

And, yes, of course, I liked their music.

Now that I've made this scathingly embarrassing admission, I'm going to have to take a pilgrimage around the world to regain my cool:

Shaolin Monk: Where are you going, my student?

Me: I'm going to put on my Dolce & Gabbana clothes, have a Ketel One vodka, learn to like The Chappelle Show and listen to My Bloody Valentine.

Shaolin Monk: You are learning, Grasshopper. Soon, you can rejoin the world. Get 'er done.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Okay, OnMyLunchBreak, this is a painful admission, but: for the longest time, in the late 90's, the Spice Girls were my screen saver. I saw Spice World...voluntarily. *buries face shamefully*
    Phat

I don't know what to say, we all have painful pasts, some filled with crappy, poppy, bubble gum music. I'm glad we can be there for one another, maybe we should start a twelve step program or something. (Kaleidoscope should join too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phat32
    Now that I've made this scathingly embarrassing admission, I'm going to have to take a pilgrimage around the world to regain my cool:

Shaolin Monk: Where are you going, my student?

Me: I'm going to put on my Dolce & Gabbana clothes, have a Ketel One vodka, learn to like The Chappelle Show and listen to My Bloody Valentine.

You do seem well on your way to recovery. I prefer Grey Goose myself, but the rest sounds good. So, maybe Step #1 should be: go find out what all the hipster kids like and copy it!

I have another shameful admission: Green Day, Dookie. I know it is like so 1993, but it is still a heavy player in my iPod Playlists.

I am not really ashamed of any music that own. I have about 700 cds/casettes/records and am loathe to get rid of any of them.

I openley admit that I love Hanson, have every single New Kids on the Block Cassette ever released, love 80's Europop. Love the Spice Girls and Westlife.
    I love Debbie Gibson and Vanilla Ice.

I live off cheese, so I have no shame.

I also have the soundtrack of almost every broadway show I have gone to.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

the black eyed peas - dont phunk with my heart

hehe i just love it. =X
    I pray when I'm coming down, you'll be asleep
    If I ever hurt you, your revenge will be so sweet

I LOVE the Spice Girls.

Hillary Duff, Ashlee Simpson, Lindsay Lohan: Although these three look incredibly gorgeous, their music just sucks.
    ANTM#1: Elyse
    ANTM#2: Shandi
    ANTM#3: Nicole, Ann
    ANTM#4: Naima, Brittany, Rebecca

FORT Newbie
    being a very emo/indie lover, its hard for me to admit that im in love with the Broadway soundtrack of Wicked...and i LOVE 80s pop

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    Phat
    I don't know what to say, we all have painful pasts, some filled with crappy, poppy, bubble gum music. I'm glad we can be there for one another, maybe we should start a twelve step program or something. (Kaleidoscope should join too.)
    I don't know if i even want to be saved
    I've been spicing up my life a lot as of late

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleidoscope
    I don't know if i even want to be saved
    I've been spicing up my life a lot as of late
    Well, you have to want help to be helped, so...

Of course, maybe you have been admiring the "spice racks" too much and it is clouding your judgment???

FORT Regular
    Whenever I take out the wife's car and forget to bring a cd or two, I'm stuck with a bunch of country, oldies, and adult contemporary crap.

The disc I usually end up popping in the cd player is disc#2 of "Ultimate Daryl Hall + John Oates". I can't tolerate 95% of the songs on either disc, but the songs "Adult Education" and "Method of Modern Love" absolutely rock.

Her collection of Rod Stewart "Great American Songbook" and Michael McDonald "Motown" discs aren't too bad either. Sometimes I'll give them a listen, anything's better than the putrid stuff being cranked out on Pittsbugh radio.

34 year-old Spice Girl fan and proud of it.

+ Reply to Thread