+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Songs you admit to liking

Quote Originally Posted by masashi View Post
    YEah, you know within friends, we hold a certain status or preference to the tpye of music we listen to. FOr example the tought guy, listen to Nelly, eminem ... and so on. But ya know, we all got these pop'ish songs, or even classical/opera songs we admit to liking.

So yeah fess up, what songs or musicians do you admit to listening and enjoying, something that people wouldn't really expect you to like.

Me...being the punk rock type of guy, admit to listening to to sugarbabes.. haha.... no really, my friends would kill me ... i'm loving this song called "too lost in you" good song, type of song, crank it up....

your turn
    I'm esoteric by nature, so people never really know where to peg me. I mean, classic standards, classic blues, old-timey bluegrass, psychedelia, early 1970s AM standards, arena rock, funk, punk, new wave, ska, power pop, alt country, Indie and about two dozen other genres share space on my MP3 player.

By nature I suppose I tend to dismiss a lot of heavy metal, current pop, and modern country music, but I've always had plenty of exceptions even for that.

I suppose there are even still things I wind up liking which shock even me.

1.) Most of Kelly Clarkson's last album
    2.) Pink
    3.) Really embarassing in some circles... the original London soundtrack of Les Mis.
    4.) The shlockiest song Charlie Rich ever recorded: "The Most Beautiful Girl In The World". Let's just say I have an association with the song and it's overridden my common sense.
    5.) I confess to liking THREE Dixie Chicks songs. Yes, even after they got caught up in all of those "un-American" accusations.
    6.) As a few others have confessed, I actually like The Monkees of sex--The Pussycat Dolls. Maybe I just want to do that lead singer Nicole (who's whole career has been a stunt--it may be especially appropriate to talk about her on FORT because her first big success was as a winner on PopStars who was put into the fakey group Eden's Crush), but I actually like her voice almost 25% as much as her breasts. That's a high percentage, trust me.
    7.) I actually think Mandy Moore isn't a bad actress. As for her singing? Let's just say I'll confess to tolerating it only because I like her acting. So that's probably enough to be included on this list of musical embarassments.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Unchained Melody - U2 Version.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

1. Barry Manilow, Air Supply, and Spice Girls
    2. Stick Wit U – The Pussycat Dolls
    3. One More Time - Daft Punk
    4. SOS (Rescue Me) - Rihanna
    5. C'mon 'N Ride It (The Train) - Quad City DJ's
    6. Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani
    Last edited by Caeryn23; 05-05-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    "Never" and "Alone" By Heart. How do even know these songs? No clue.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

Oh yes...."In da club" by 50 cent!

Never a better rap song...never! lol!

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    The soundtrack to Moulin Rouge... Ewan McGregor *pant, pant* has a great voice in my opinon..
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Hello, my name is JFlo, and I am a closet Barry Manilowniac.

My mother and father were fans, and in my preteenage years I listened to Barry under the guise that I was making fun of him. I was in denial. I can't deny it any longer.

I know every lyric to every one of his greatest hits, even "Jump Shout Boogie".

I saw him live at Radio City Music Hall in 1997. The highlight of the first set was "Even Now" and the second set was "Weekend In New England" Damn those signature key changes!

"Could It Be Magic" makes me melt.

I've seen "Copacabana, The Movie" twice and kinda sorta enjoyed it.

My name is JFlo and I am a Manilowniac.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post

My mother and father were fans, and in my preteenage years I listened to Barry under the guise that I was making fun of him. I was in denial. I can't deny it any longer.

I saw him live at Radio City Music Hall in 1997. The highlight of the first set was "Even Now" and the second set was "Weekend In New England" Damn those signature key changes!

The first step to a complete cure is to admit that there is a problem. Congratulations, you are on you way to better days.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Dancing Queen - Abba.
    I'm a fan of Abba. There I said it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by JFlo;1928797;

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    The first step to a complete cure is to admit that there is a problem. Congratulations, you are on you way to better days.
    Awww c'mon razorbacker....JFlo doesn't have a problem...they are just a member of a really great club... welcome JFlo...pull up a chair and join in on our meetings....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread