+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 favorite songs right now

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage- Panic! At the Disco
    Dani California- Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Buttons- Pussycat Dolls feat. Snoop
    Promiscuous- Nelly Furtado feat. Timberland
    Music Is Power- Richard Ashcroft
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Tears and Rain- James Blunt

Goodbye my Lover- James Blunt (Love the whole CD)

Free Falling- Tom Petty

Bottle of Whiskey- John Corbett (He played Aiden on Sex and the City, the music is Rockabilly/Country-ish, for those who don't know who he is... His voice is pretty good (better than I expected).

Wig in a Box- Hedwig and The Angry Inch
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

jesus of suburbia - green day

blv of broken dreams - green day

dani california - red hot chilli peppers

dance dance - fall out boy

dream on - aerosmith

In no particular order:
    S.O.S.-Rihanna
    Because of You- Kelly Clarkson
    Move Along- All American Rejects
    Dance, Dance- Fall Out Boy
    Hips Don't Lie- Shakira
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

1. Straight to You - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
    2. I Had a Dream, Joe - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
    3. Helpless - Neil Young
    4. The Weight - The Band/The Staple Singers
    5. Heart of Gold - Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    1. Straight to You - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
    2. I Had a Dream, Joe - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
    3. Helpless - Neil Young
    4. The Weight - The Band/The Staple Singers
    5. Heart of Gold - Neil Young
    Excellent list, my fellow music geek! Happy to see that you're still mad about the Nick since he's arguably the biggest musical genius to have emerged in the last 25 odd years. I also love "The Weight", by the way, regardless of who's performing it. The original by The Band is probably my fave, though, if push came to shove. Have you heard the version by Travis? It's on the Igby Goes Down Soundtrack and it's really quite good. Not as good as the original, mind you, but still a great effort. Oh, and you gotta love Neil Young. If you haven't already, you should check out Harvest Moon, which was released in the early 90's and is his best contemporary(ish) album in my book. Very mellow and low-key, with hauntingly beautiful musical landscapes provided by the late and great Jack Nitzsche, this album is downright amazing. As far as I'm concerned, it's right up there with After the Gold Rush, Harvest, and On the Beach. My boyfriend and I are even talking about having "Harvest Moon" (the song, that is) played on our wedding.

Here are the songs I can't get enough of at the moment:

1. Country Girl - Primal Scream (it rocks, man!)
    2. Dancing Barefoot - Patti Smith (the Mission's cover version isn't half bad either)
    3. That Teenage Feeling - Neko Case (who used to tour with Nick Cave, by the way!)
    4. E-bow the Letter - R.E.M. (One of my all-time favourite R.E.M. songs. Patti Smith's backing vocals are just haunting, and Michael Stipe's lyrics have never been as stream of consciousness poetic.)
    5. Rid of Me - PJ Harvey (golden oldie)
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

FORT Newbie
    Snow Patrol - Run
    Robbie Williams - King of Bloke and Bird
    Madonna - La Isla Bonita (Confessions Tour version - amazing!)
    Billy Idol - Cradle of Love
    Hard Fi - Cash Machine

As I have been currently working on the computer on some mix CD's for an upcoming vacation, pulling out every one of our 700 CD's, RIGHT NOW I just can't limit myself to five songs, but hear are just ten of the many songs I won't be able to live without while I soak up the Caribbean sun...

Janine - Zydeco Hounds (Zydeco is perhaps the best invention ever.)
    Soul Refreshing - Robert Randolph and the Family Band (discovered this awesome jamband on my Corel Music Sampler that came with my new Dell)
    Good People - Jack Johnson (My little girl loves the Curious George song, so I downloaded his album. Very chill, very cool.)
    Citadel - Anna Nalick (There's just something about this 20 year old. She's borrowed A LOT from other musical influences, but for the most part she borrowed all of the good stuff!)
    Wicked Little Town (Hedwig Version) - John Cameron Mitchell from the Hedwig and the Angry Inch Soundtrack (If you haven't seen this musical, rent the movie. Pure glam rock brilliance! ROCK ON HEDWIG!!)
    Don't Let It Bring You Down - Annie Lenox version (Listening to this song now kind of makes me wonder whether Neil Young might be a prophet. Ever listen to those lyrics since 9/11? I think Neil Young is an amazing songwriter, but I just can't always get into his voice. His songs make awesome covers though. There was a singer/songwriter named Laura Mann who used to play at a coffee house I managed awhile back, who did the most beautiful cover of "Harvest Moon".)
    Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel No explanation necessary.
    Love Is Alone - Geggy Tah (These are the guys who sang that song "I want to thank you, whoever you are, you let me change lanes while I was drivng in my car." Well, there third album "Into the Oh" is stellar alternative hip hop, jazz, funk, fusion stuff, that not many music lovers could deny its merits.)
    The Fall of the World's Own Optimist - Aimee Mann (written by Mann and Elvis Costello, this song has always been the highlight for me of Bachelor #2, which ranks as one of my top five albums.)
    Come On Home - Indigo Girls (Emily Saliers writes songs like an impressionist paints. She takes various images and feelings that don't exactly make sense on their own, but as a whole song she has created a clear picture.)
    Last edited by JFlo; 06-26-2006 at 03:21 PM.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Buttons - PCD
    Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado
    Some Hearts - Carrie Underwood
    Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy
    Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera

Top 5 songs:
    1.Jesus, Take The Wheel-Carrie Underwood
    2.Everytime We Touch-Cascada (Candlelight Mix)
    3.Like You-Bow Wow & Ciara
    4.Another You-Cascada
    5.Buttons-Pussycat Dolls

+ Reply to Thread