+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Soundtrack of Your Life

The Soundtrack of Your Life

Kind of like those "Getting to Know You Lists" your friends send around, only I think this is more fun because it's about music. I found that making the selections was harder than I thought it would be though! I would need a sequel to fit in more of my favorite songs.

Opening Credits-Childhood Flashback Fade Into Waking Up Sequence: "Play" Miranda Sex Garden
    High School/College Flashback Sequence: "Just Like Heaven" The Cure
    Party Scene: "Twiggy vs James Bond" - Pizzicatto Five
    Driving Aimlessly Sequence: "There is a Light that Never Goes Out" The Smiths
    The First Love: "Moonchild" Cibo Matto
    Sex Scene: "Lakme" by Delibes / "Sea of Sin" Depeche Mode
    Break Up Scene: "Last Goodbye" Jeff Buckley
    Regret Scene: "Sour Times" Portishead
    Emotional Breakdown Scene: "This Corrosion" Sisters of Mercy
    Epiphany: "It's Not Safe" Aimee Mann
    Nightclub/Bar Scene: "Take Me Out" Franz Ferdinand / "Alfila el colmillo" Titan y la Mala Rodriguez
    Life Before My Eyes Sequence: "In My Life" The Beatles
    Funeral Scene: "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" Monty Python
    Closing Credits: "Song to the Siren" This Mortal Coil
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I could go on and on as well...

Opening Credits-Childhood Flashback Fade Into Waking Up Sequence: "The Decline" NOFX
    High School/College Flashback Sequence: "Black Celebration" Depeche Mode
    Party Scene: "The Test" The Chemical Brothers
    Driving Aimlessly Sequence: "A Day in the Life" The Beatles
    The First Love: "A Night Like This" The Cure
    Sex Scene: "Happiness in Slavery" Nine Inch Nails
    Break Up Scene: "Love Will Tear Us Apart" Joy Division
    Regret Scene: "Crowds" Bauhaus
    Emotional Breakdown Scene: "In Your Room" Depeche Mode
    Epiphany: "Never understand" The Jesus and Mary Chain
    Nightclub/Bar Scene: "Horror Head" Curve
    Life Before My Eyes Sequence: "God Only Knows" The Beach Boys
    Funeral Scene: "I Wish It Would Rain" The Temptations
    Closing Credits: "Lux Aeterna" Clint Mansell and the Kronos Quartet
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

I'm glad you posted, Weston, because it turned out that some of the songs on your list turned out to be songs I had wanted to put on my list too!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    like this thread idea, but i will have to think a while on my choices (so hard for a libra girl to choose).

i like you taste in music though - alot of your choices (esp bauhaus/crowds. joy division, and the wonderful lakme from the hunger, are songs that have followed my from adolescence in the 80's all the way to the present).

Quote Originally Posted by libra4
    like this thread idea, but i will have to think a while on my choices (so hard for a libra girl to choose).
    Ain't that the truth fellow libra!! I've been having a hard time picking myself although I have over half, I'm still stumped on the rest and I've been trying to finish my list for three days now.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Ain't that the truth fellow libra!! I've been having a hard time picking myself although I have over half, I'm still stumped on the rest and I've been trying to finish my list for three days now.
    Oh poor us. What diligence choice-making requires of us! So do you think, once you choose, that you will feel you've made absolutely the best choices, or will you go and change you mind once again? So far, I seem to only be able to narrow it down to about three songs for each.

I've thought about mine too, but a lot will depend on my mood. I think it will either have to be a double album or I need two movies of my life.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

C'mon people, take a stab at it. I know it's hard, and I'm still thinking of songs that me thing Darn it, I should have stuck that one in, but give it try!

This is a really cool topic! I need to think on it some, though. Gimme a day or two.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    This is a really cool topic! I need to think on it some, though. Gimme a day or two.
    Paulie, I just love your avatar, I think that every time I see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast