+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears: "My party days are over"

FORT Fogey
    Brit's "Onyx Hotel" concert tour came through Chicago earlier this week (a replacement date to make-up for the original date which was cancelled when Brit twisted her knee.

The review in the Chicago Sun Times was BRUTAL! The head line was that the tour should be called "Onyx Flophouse".

Apparently the concert is wierd (an obese, cross-dressing clown serves as 'Master of Ceremonies' - and causes very disturbing imagry even when off stage), disjointed, not at all entertaining, obviously staged right down to every fake smile, wink and "Hey y'all". The reviewer was not kind to Brit's "performance".

Also, as if it werent bad enough that Brit lip-synces her way through life, she apparently has decided to add pretending to play the piano to her repetiore.
    Last edited by sher; 04-16-2004 at 02:48 PM.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Goodness. Can she ever sing / play live for once ?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Eh... I have no idea if her party days are over at all. Pop music is all about staying with what is in or topping what you did last year. You never know these days what an artist is going to do to keep ratings up and albums on the shelves...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

FORT Fogey
    How ironic that her new album contains a song called "What its like to be me" - and yet the song was written by two other people.

That is Brit in a nutshell. An (arguably) sexy (surgically enhanced) body propped up on stage to sing (lip sync) songs written by someone else and to dance (gyrate mechanically) to someone else's choreography and to spit out banter in between songs that was also written for her - right down to the last "Hey y'all".

So if you were to ask Brit - "Hey Brit, what IS is like to be you?"

She would likely reply, "I don't know, they haven't told me yet".

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I think Brit is now trying to compete with Christina...X-tina has finally come into her own and is being applauded for that...Britney is scrambling and trying to find some niche to fit into since people are SO over the whole pop dance thing.
    It was the other way around people felt like X-tina was trying to copy Britney, but now it looks like the joke is on Brit. lol
    Being a manufactured untalented popstar can only go so far.

Oh and the San Francisco Chronicle gave the Onyx Hotel tour a horrible review. Many people walked out...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Yeah righttttttt LOL

GOOOOOOOO CHRISTINA. I've always loved Christina better

People walked out of the Onyx Hotel? Seriously? I heard it was really good!! :o

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    How ironic that her new album contains a song called "What its like to be me" - and yet the song was written by two other people.

That is Brit in a nutshell. An (arguably) sexy (surgically enhanced) body propped up on stage to sing (lip sync) songs written by someone else and to dance (gyrate mechanically) to someone else's choreography and to spit out banter in between songs that was also written for her - right down to the last "Hey y'all".

So if you were to ask Brit - "Hey Brit, what IS is like to be you?"

She would likely reply, "I don't know, they haven't told me yet".
    Daddio, a classic post !

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Thats what we need...a conceptual and deep thinking Britney. Jeez.

i think her music video is a total mature side of Britney. I don't really see the negative parts the public is seeing.
    some are claiming she is encouraging suicide or something.
    people just like to pick at stars to try and get famous themselves.
    but this video is pretty cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast