+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears Seeks Restraining Order

Britney Spears Seeks Restraining Order

Britney Spears Seeks Restraining Order

Mon Dec 9,11:02 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Pop singer Britney Spears asked Monday to have a restraining order imposed against a 41-year-old Japanese man she claims has been stalking her since September.

According to a petition filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Masahiko Shizawa of Yokohama, Japan, has "tracked and attempted to contact" Spears at her home in Los Angeles, as well as at her second residence and one of her parent's homes, both outside California.

Those attempts have ranged from sending photos of himself along with notes reading, "I'm chasing you," to showing up at Spears' home and refusing to leave when he was ordered off the property, the complaint alleges.

Spears' attorney, Joel Strote, asked to have Shizawa barred from coming within 1,000 feet of the 21-year-old singer and from contacting her in any way.

I'm not surprised. It's sad though, but she's become SUCH a sex symbol that it was bound to happen. I am in no way suggesting that she deserves that. ::shudder::

Now, can I get a restraining order in regards to her music?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Ugh, I can't stand her as you well know, but this can't be very pleasant for her.

If you ever work out how to get the order Miss F please let me in on it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Paulie!

They found out about your alias name. Run Paulie! Run!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'm one of the few who think Brit's a good kid who was able to make it big in an ugly business. Lots of trashy gossip out there, but I haven't seen any solid evidence that she's a bad person. It's sad that her success has put her in danger. I wish her the best.

I think Britney's major problems come from the fact that she wasn't prepared for the spotlight to be as bright as it is.

She hasn't quite figured out yet that little girls all over the world watch her every move, and try to be like her. I fault her for that, though. She can obviously see that she's started the trend of pre-teen girls baring their midriffs and wearing extremely low-rise jeans, which in my opinion is inappropriate for girls under the age of consent to be wearing.

But then, I'm a prude, I guess.

When people start paying attention to you, you'd better start paying attention to yourself, is all I'm saying...

People tend to forget that Brit was a little girl herself when this whole thing started. The adults running her career were making all the decisions for her...what to wear, how to dance, what to sing, how to act, etc. Justin Timberlake has said (post breakup) that she listens too much to her advisors & should try doing her own thing instead. Her parents turned her into a commodity & sold her out. So in a way, I think she's the biggest victim of all in this mess.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I agree with you guys! I have a fifteen year old daughter.
    Would I let her dress like Britney- NO,
    Would I let her be seen in the adult situations simulated in her videos- NO
    Would I even let her work as much as they have made that kid work - NO
    The parents should be thrown in jail or something for making their kid into a moneymaking workhorse. Look for the inevitable court case a few years down the road.
    - See Lee-Ann Rhymes/McCauley Culkin

A serious stalker is scary. You have no safety at all.

Hee, eny said "adult situations" and "simulated", like it's the Red Shoe Diaries or something.

When people start paying attention to you, you'd better start paying attention to yourself, is all I'm saying...
    John, you are completely right.

The stalker aside, I'm sick of people saying that she doens't deserve such negative attention. She's a kid. She's young. Well, I don't buy it. Hear some of her songs? She's trying SOOO hard to get away from this 'good girl' image it isn't even funny.

Can't have it both ways.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast