+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britney Spears Seeks Restraining Order

hey jodaar... looks like it's just you and me on brit's side.

i think there are so many other artists out there that are far "trashier" (for lack of a better word) and don't get the same grief as brit. (see christina aguilera)

Thanks sher. I just feel all the Britney Backlash is misdirected. Blame the people who are actually calling the shots (it's not her). Blame her parents or the record producers or the songwriters or the industry in general. The girl we see on stage is an act, an image designed to sell records. She doesn't dress or act like that in her real everyday life. And other than being insanely successful, what makes her any different from the majority of the actresses on TV & in the movies? Most of them project similarly negative images of women. I just don't understand why Brit must be the target of so much scorn.

Uh,she has free will to do what she wants and wear what she wants.
    If she had some talent she wouldn't have to act or dress like a skank to get atention.
    Yes, her parnts are partly to blame, but how do we know they condone her attire?

As far as Aguilera being trashier than Brit, I agreee, but she never purported to be anything else.
    Britney writhes and moan like a two dollar ho yet tries to convince everyone that she isn't.
    Her core fan base is young teen and pre-teen girls yet she plays to middle aged men with one hand permanently down their pants.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one fluff.

lol jodaar. yup, i learned this from another board. i was the lone brit fan. welcome to my side. it's lonely here. hehe!!

*edited because i spell like a moron. sheesh
    Last edited by sher; 12-17-2002 at 11:11 AM.

I think you can make the argument that she was told what to wear and how to act when she was younger.
    She is old enough and "powerful" enough to be completely in charge of her image now.
    She has become more R rated as she has gotten older and I don't think anyone else is calling the shots, she's fully in charge now and has said as much in many interviews.
    She seems like a sweet enough young woman. She certainly comes across as very pleasant in any interview I have seen with her.
    The thing that bothers me is that she does not cater to her main fan base. She is using shock value to cover up for a sad lack in talent.
    If you ever see a concert of her's on the tv she is always clearly lip-synching and when they pan to the audience it's full of pre-teens and tweens.
    The street is often liberally littered with young Britney fans who have decided to copy her look. Unfortunately they don't have the fame or wealth to protect them from the perverts their look attracts.

I do think it's dreadful that she is now in danger from some deranged stalker. No one should have to go through that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

For the record, I'm not even a Britney fan. I just try to see the good in people. And for the life of me, I can't understand why this girl is so hated. I guess society just needs a scapegoat.

and just for fun....
    here's some interesting pics for your viewing pleasure. they are the "then and now" shots of both brit and christina. they have both shed their mickey mouse days quite effectively, if i say so myself...

[IMG]images/user/christina before.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/user/christina after.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]images/user/britney before.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]images/user/brit after.jpg[/IMG]

Yes they certainly have.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12