+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Most recent song stuck in your head...

Three weeks later, and "Donna non vidi mai" (Manon Lescaut, Puccini) is still going strong. Thank goodness that only rarely do bad songs get stuck in my head.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Ah well, at least it's a terrific song, Rattus. Bizarrely enough, everything that gets stuck in my head is stuff I never listen to, or at least try my damndest to avoid. That, and commercial jingles. I'm forever tormented by songs promoting washing detergent, female hygiene products, or diapers. I need a brain filter of some kind.

Right now, however, I shan't complain since I have the theme song for Millennium stuck in my mind. Conveniently enough, my boyfriend just got me season 2 for my birthday. I believe my subconscious is telling me to pop on a DVD and relax on the couch...
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

MRD
    If I say I've got a song stuck in my head, my husband will start singing "Nashville Cats" (Lovin' Spoonful? Nitty Gritty Dirt Band? don't know, don't care who recorded it).

I HATE that song with a passion. It is like nails on a chalkboard to me, so I NEVER tell him I have a song stuck in my head as then I will have the dreaded "Nashville Cats" song stuck for DAYS.

I may even have jinxed myself by even writing this and thinking about the song as I can hear it now.

Off to do something drastic like listen to cats mating or something. ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    If I say I've got a song stuck in my head, my husband will start singing "Nashville Cats" (Lovin' Spoonful? Nitty Gritty Dirt Band? don't know, don't care who recorded it).
    That's funny , I had that one a few days ago, but I actually like it. Aaaaannnnddd, now it's there again - "Nashville cats,play clean as country water, Nashville cats, play wild as mountain dew..." (Lovin' Spoonful, BTW).

At least it's replaced Worldwide Suicide (I'm not actually sure that's the name) by Pearl Jam.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Guantanamera. It's one of those songs that has for years visited and stayed too long but it's gotten much worse since the constant media references to Guantanamo Bay. This afternoon my daughter told me that they're talking about Guantanamo Bay at school - I'm in for an annoying couple of days.

I've had an old song by Chicago, "No Tell Lover", stuck in my head all day. I finally went and dug out my old CDs and now I can't stop listening to them. I've already gotten through The Very Best Of Chicago :Only The Beginning and Chicago XXX. Now I'm halfway through Love Songs.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparkxx

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    That's funny , I had that one a few days ago, but I actually like it. Aaaaannnnddd, now it's there again - "Nashville cats,play clean as country water, Nashville cats, play wild as mountain dew..." (Lovin' Spoonful, BTW).

At least it's replaced Worldwide Suicide (I'm not actually sure that's the name) by Pearl Jam.

Rattus-am going to do terrible, evil things to you for this. I willl spend the day now with that song in my head. I'm sure you and my husband will laugh in evil glee as I am continually tortured by this song!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    For the last 3 days it's been "Hello" off the Sugarland album.

Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles, because my daughter will not stop singing it. And suddenly, for the same reason, the entire body of work of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

She will eventually leave home and my mind will be my own again.

+ Reply to Thread