+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any Depeche Mode or Smiths fans?

It's tough for me to think of faves because I was so obsessive over both these bands, I'd have a ridiculously long list. But "There is a Light that Never Goes Out" is one of my favorite Smiths songs, "Ouija Board" for Morrisey, and depending on my mood, I like early DM's "Shake the Disease," "Blasphemous Rumors," or "Strangelove".
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

All great songs, and I agree, it's really hard to name just one as a fave.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Texi my dear long lost twin, I'll have to find something to disagree with ya about this time....choice of Erasure album. As much as I love Wonderland, I have a toss up with Two Ring Circus and Wild for best album. I could listen to both of them for days on end and then some. I will agree with Black Celebration for Depeche though

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    .....New Order-Temptation.....
    My favorite Heaven 17 song is also called Temptation. I crank it up and sing along! "All I desire--Temptation!...

Other favorites, Softcell and Yazoo.
    Last edited by eldee; 04-07-2004 at 01:54 PM.

Depeche Mode =

www.thegoodnorth.com -- young indie band with huge smiths/ depech mode influence. from boston.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Yes! Anyone interested in Heaven 17 or New Order?
    OMG yes! New Order are of course still well known, but who remembers Heaven 17? I'm not the only one! I still have two of their albums (yes, albums), which I listen to pretty often. In the same vein, I also like ABC.

Love the Smiths and Depeche Mode; both really take me back to junior/high. I think that Depeche contine to feel a little more current than the Smiths, though.

Speaking of New Order, a few years ago, when I was working in retail, my store used to get these compilation discs sent in for a while, then after a couple of months, we would have to send them back. ANyway, on one of them there was a song that I think was by the guy from New Order, but not New Order the whole group, that I really liked and would love to track down. Does anyone know other names the members have recorded under (besides Joy Division)?

Revenge, Monaco, Electronic, The Other Two, and Bernard Sumner did some guest vocals with 808 State.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    My favorite Heaven 17 song is also called Temptation. I crank it up and sing along! "All I desire--Temptation!...

Other favorites, Softcell and Yazoo.
    "I've never been closer, try to understand
    that certain feeling..." I sing this one, too, though I don't quite have the pipes of the girl who sings on that track...must drive my neighbours nuts.

I also like Yazoo, and for bands with female vocalists, love Everything But the Girl, with Tracey Thorne.

Erasure - I have to admit, ABBAesque is my favorite.

Depeche Mode - Blasphemous Rumours, Everything Counts, the Speak & Spell album...

What's so scary to me is that this music, my music, OUR music, is now called "Retro"!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by weston
    Revenge, Monaco, Electronic, The Other Two, and Bernard Sumner did some guest vocals with 808 State.
    Thanks, I will try to find some discographies; forgot about 808 State and Electronic. SOmeone thought it might have been written for the World CUp, but I have heard one song I know was written for that, which was not the one I am thinking of. So I wonder if (I think it was Bernard Sumner) did just a single for that or what. Anyway, thanks.
    Last edited by libra4; 04-10-2004 at 08:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast