+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 126 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: John Stevens (AI 3)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    I don't know of too many teens and young adults that are into the big band sound. His voice is pleasant-sounding enough--just not right for American Idol.
    I LOVE big band! (I'm 14) This guy, I think hes a really good singer, but American Idol? No. He's 16 years old and he'll probably be overwhelmed by everything, like others said. And if they had to do a country rock week? Poor guy. I think he's adorable but I'm not sure if he really knows that he really wants this yet. We'll see how he does on Tues and then I'll decide about him.

Silvy
    John is the youngest one in the Top 32.

AI Critic
    Along with Diana...

CharlaFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    I don't agree with him being in the top 32 at all. All he did was mock someone else. Every one of his auditions in Hollywood was messed up except in the one where he sang like someone else. There's no way he can choose songs that will relate to the themes and still sound good.
    all we seen was one or 2 bad clips from his audition, like i pointed out for lisa it's all about the editing so we can't say he did terrible in hollywood.

I am glad we get to hear him sing a whole song (well, whole song or half a song, how do you take it), and I hope he does well. I just watched his interview and he is so adorable, he just radiates this calmness around him.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Delia
    His voice and personality is a little too old-fashioned for my taste to see become the AI, but he is cute and seems sweet and has an amazing voice.

Schwartz
    I think his voice can be compared to Jon Peter Lewis, which is to say it's odd but not necessarily in a bad way. I think he could use some vocal coaching though, he does seem to be a tad affected.

-Schwartz

He's got a very good voice. But I don't think he's a star. Norah Jones is very musically gifted- not just a singer, but in the way she constructs her music. John is just another pretty voice. I see him singing at weddings, maybe even cruise ships. He can making a living singing, but he's not a star.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

overthetop
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    He's got a very good voice. But I don't think he's a star. Norah Jones is very musically gifted- not just a singer, but in the way she constructs her music. John is just another pretty voice. I see him singing at weddings, maybe even cruise ships. He can making a living singing, but he's not a star.
    None of the American Idol winners or people who finish in the top few are multitalented like Nora Jones. I think that all America and the show is looking for is someone who turns their heads--a flashy singer. You don't see Kelly Clarkson playing piano and writing half the songs on her album.

John has a distinctive voice, unique even for the classic balladeers like Sinatra, Bennett etc. It kinda fascinates me. And I don't have a clue how he'll handle more contemporary stuff--the suspense is killing me.

+ Reply to Thread