+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: John Stevens (AI 3)

Joe_Madre
    Can't see him doing anything other than this 'crooner' act. I'll save judgement until I hear him sing because all I can remember of him was the impersonation and the messed up Hollywood auditions....

scooberoo
    I like him, and I think his voice may bring him into the top 12, since he can pick almost any song he wants. My only problem is when he sings a normal, modern song he changes his voice. (He did in the group song) So the crooning really isn't is natural voice.

Scillarella
    Just crossing my fingers that he does well. He does not seem to do well under pressure, which is a MAJOR problem. He seemed very comfortable in his initial audition, when he had had time to practice and prepare. But when thrown into the fire in Hollywood he cracked. I hope he is ready to crank out a song a week, and remember his words. If he doesn't make it on, it is a shame he can't come back when he is a little older, beause he has already been in the top 32. I stand by him though. I like him. I am really nervous to see how he performs next week.

Scillarella
    Dang it, I don't want to have to change my signature... (grin)

Itachi808
    He looks a lot like a younger Conan O' Brien

BlushOnTehCheek
    John is hot. Conan O'Brian is also hot. Anyways, I hope John does alright. He seems like a nice guy. They only thing that could hurt him is his age; He might just be too immature to handle the music industry.

P.S. Anyone who likes Coldplay gets my vote.
    Last edited by BlushOnTehCheek; 02-26-2004 at 02:39 PM.

time to burn the building lucky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlushOnTehCheek
    John is hot. Conan O'Brian is also hot.
    I can only conclude that heat is in the eye of the beholder.
    And that, Marjorie --- just so you will know --- and your children will someday know --- is the night the lights went out in Georgia!

Scillarella
    I LOVE Conan. He is hot... in a way. Always had a crush on him. If John wasn't too young for me, I'd say he is "hot" too.

I really can't figure out why this kid is in this competition. If others have been told their voices are broadway, cabaret, etc. what were the judges thinking with *his* voice. I don't know of too many teens and young adults that are into the big band sound. His voice is pleasant-sounding enough--just not right for American Idol.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

AI Critic
    I think John is talented for a young age of 16. Hopefully the audience (if he makes the 12) won't scare this little boy to death.

Unless there's a Dean Martin theme, good luck to him on song selection.

+ Reply to Thread