+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116117118119120121122123124125126
Results 1,251 to 1,258 of 1258

Thread: John Stevens (AI 3)

eny
    Oh My , Madonna's record label. This kid could grow up fast.

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    Wow, November release. That's right around the corner. I wonder if he'll beat Tasia and Diana out of the door.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aifan1
    John has been signed by Maverick records in case nobody here knew this yet

http://www.maverick.com/artists/john_stevens/
    Wow- way to go John!

AIWANNABE

4 Stars for John Stevens' "Red"

July 3, 2005 -- "Red"

4 STARS

Maverick Records

IF you remember John Stevens from "American Idol," you'll recall he wasn't a rock singer. He didn't know R&B from punk pop and he was totally flustered by Elton John music, but this kid could sing cabaret standards like nobody's business. Needless to say, he was axed in the "Idol" finals, and we're happy to report his exposure to schlock 'n' roll didn't ruin him.

Carrot-topped Stevens, now 18, managed to graduate high school in upstate New York and restart his musical career with jazzy standards. His tones are closer to Dean Martin than Frank Sinatra.

While the song selection is decidedly ultra lounge, the arrangements are tasteful, sophisticated and easy on the ear.

Download these: "Let's Fall In Love," "Here There and Everywhere"
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/49483.htm

Muduh
    CBS just had a very nice interview with John. Parts of several songs were played. He was singing in what appeared to be a piano bar, or something of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    CBS just had a very nice interview with John. Parts of several songs were played. He was singing in what appeared to be a piano bar, or something of the sort.
    No not a piano bar for cryin out loud. What will Simon say when he sees that? " John it was good, but I could walk into any bar in Manhattan in 1955 & see the same thing." I wish John all the luck in the world. I really do like the big band/swing/crooner type of music.

Muduh
    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    No not a piano bar for cryin out loud. What will Simon say when he sees that? " John it was good, but I could walk into any bar in Manhattan in 1955 & see the same thing." I wish John all the luck in the world. I really do like the big band/swing/crooner type of music.
    Well, maybe not a piano bar, but there were a lot of old people there so I know it wasn't the FedEx Forum.

He kept talking about how his idol was Frank Sinatra.

FORT Fogey

Re: John Stevens - FINALIST

Just an update on John from an article this morning in the Boston GLOBE. John moved to Boston to go to Berklee School of Music and has stayed. On Monday, he was invited to sing MY WAY at the funeral of Boston Mayor Menino. I saw it on TV and did not recognize him as John, but was so impressed with the song.

I was glad to see the story this morning because I thought the young man deserved some kind of recognition. Since MY WAY was the Mayor's theme song, his representatives called the Boston Pops for their recommendation as to a singer and they suggested John--who apparently has made a living in Boston as a singer specializing in Sinatra songs.

+ Reply to Thread